Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Results 226 to 246 of 246

Thread: New Zappa releases

  1. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    The Mothers 1970 out today. Your grandparents will love Flo and Eddie, its just like Lawrence Welk.
    How infested with F&E is it...?
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

    Bandcamp Profile

  2. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    How infested with F&E is it...?
    I listened to the first disc, and it's as little infested as possible there, especially the studio music. Which kills.

    PS I don't even know what "infested" means, I am just taking a guess. I believe you wonder if it's full of the gross, vile humour that the duo is accountable for. For the first disc the answer is on the negative.

  3. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    I listened to the first disc, and it's as little infested as possible there, especially the studio music. Which kills.

    PS I don't even know what "infested" means, I am just taking a guess. I believe you wonder if it's full of the gross, vile humour that the duo is accountable for. For the first disc the answer is on the negative.
    Well, infestation usually refers to fleas, lice, mice, rats or other wildlife you don’t want to cohabit with...so yeah.

    Thanks for the info, which is encouraging!
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

    Bandcamp Profile

  4. #229
    Jazzbo manqué Mister Triscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Well, infestation usually refers to fleas, lice, mice, rats or other wildlife you don’t want to cohabit with
    So your question is, is it infested with Turtles?
    New album THE HIPCRIME VOCAB available now!
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com

  5. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Well, infestation usually refers to fleas, lice, mice, rats or other wildlife you don’t want to cohabit with...so yeah.

    Thanks for the info, which is encouraging!
    It's highly infested then with Ansley Dunbar who could be my favorite rock'n'roll drummer. What a brilliant musician!

  6. #231
    Disc 4 is fairly light on F and E as well..despite having The Sanzini Brothers and not one, but TWO Paladin Routines.

  7. #232
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    4,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    How infested with F&E is it...?
    Give it a spin....I think you'll dig it.

  8. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    It's highly infested then with Ansley Dunbar who could be my favorite rock'n'roll drummer. What a brilliant musician!
    Good kind of infestation!
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

    Bandcamp Profile

  9. #234
    Banned Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    3,241
    Brings up track list...
    ctrl-F "Billy"
    0/0

    I suppose I could give it a try if the price comes down a bit.

  10. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Brings up track list...
    ctrl-F "Billy"
    0/0
    As in, Billy The Mountain?

  11. #236
    Banned Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    3,241
    Yes, not a fan. Or of any F+E, really.

  12. #237
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Yes, not a fan. Or of any F+E, really.
    You and me both, man. My least favourite period and Billy The Mountain the perfect example of why. I believe we are in the minority though, at least on this board. I will still happily get this box (not out til next Friday here) but I do wish it was a slightly different era. Then again, I've been pretty spoiled in recent years with stuff like Roxy, NY, Halloween, etc. so I can't complain.
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  13. #238
    Banned Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    3,241
    If the ZFT is reading, how about putting out The Guitar World According to Frank Zappa on CD.? It'd be nice to get a copy that doesn't have the cassette sound. I know it's all pretty much out there on other releases, but it segues so nicely.

  14. #239
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    4,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    You and me both, man. My least favourite period and Billy The Mountain the perfect example of why. I believe we are in the minority though, at least on this board. I will still happily get this box (not out til next Friday here) but I do wish it was a slightly different era. Then again, I've been pretty spoiled in recent years with stuff like Roxy, NY, Halloween, etc. so I can't complain.
    Yeah...I know you're gonna be surprised

  15. #240
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Yeah...I know you're gonna be surprised
    I happily await to be pleasantly surprised, believe me.
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  16. #241
    Banned Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    3,241
    Did I read somewhere that this has tracks that are from audience tapes?

  17. #242
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Yeah...I know you're gonna be surprised
    You were right!

    One or two moments where I was a bit annoyed by you know who, but overall this is a fantastic set. Those Kong solos on disc four! Oh my...
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  18. #243
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    4,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    You were right!

    One or two moments where I was a bit annoyed by you know who, but overall this is a fantastic set. Those Kong solos on disc four! Oh my...
    Excellent. How great is that first disc of studio goodies?

  19. #244
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Excellent. How great is that first disc of studio goodies?
    This good!

    https://www.velvetthunder.co.uk/fran...ppa-universal/
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  20. #245
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    4,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Dude, you are such a gifted reviewer. I don't know how you do it, but you do. I always look forward to reading both your stuff and John Kelman's as well - both extremely insightful, detailed, non-judgmental, informative, and just plain fun. Congrats.

    PS - glad you dig the new set! It's a good one alright.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

  21. #246
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Dude, you are such a gifted reviewer. I don't know how you do it, but you do. I always look forward to reading both your stuff and John Kelman's as well - both extremely insightful, detailed, non-judgmental, informative, and just plain fun. Congrats.
    Wow! Many thanks for your kind words, they are very much appreciated. Kelman is excellent, so to be considered in his company is a huge compliment.
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •