Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: New Zappa releases

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    You should offer a $100 NDR Jazz Workshop/Switzerland 1974 bundle that comes with a Karl Jenkins wig.
    I think a Mike Ratledge wig with the side pieces of his glasses on the outside of the hair is a more sellable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    edit: I should probably admit that I did shell out for the manhole cover ZINY, but I'm not going to admit it in full-sized text.
    I laughed out loud at this.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"The older I get, the more I realize that cynicism is just realism spelled wrong."

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I think a Mike Ratledge wig with the side pieces of his glasses on the outside of the hair is a more sellable option.
    A PE Classic! https://www.progressiveears.org/foru...l=1#post143329

https://img.cdandlp.com/2019/04/imgL/119500737.jpg

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    This is so embarrassing. They must think Zappa fans are ten years old. And it looks like it may be an even bigger waste of precious shelf space than the last Halloween mask production, thanks to the inclusion of a pair of plastic hands. The music is going to be great. Sell us the music.
    Amen.

I'm still going to buy it, but with a little more sadness than I should have at such a set.
    No humor please, we're skittish.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I don't see why they can't also release a set with just the CDs, which is all I want. Anyone who wants the full set with the silly extras would still be free to buy that one instead.
    www.velvetthunder.co.uk - From the ashes of the Classic Rock Society rises Velvet Thunder!

We’re all going to buy it, right? I mean. Come on. So let’s do this.

When we order from Wayside, we’ll ask Steve F. to send us the discs and the booklet and, like, some sleeves, and he can keep the rest of the shit. Now that’d be some goddamn customer service!

And all of those masks and shit? Wayside could open one of those Halloween shops that pop in abandoned Dollar Trees every October.

Win fucking win.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I don't see why they can't also release a set with just the CDs, which is all I want. Anyone who wants the full set with the silly extras would still be free to buy that one instead.
    Your solution is too simple. It will never work.
    No humor please, we're skittish.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    We’re all going to buy it, right? I mean. Come on. So let’s do this.

When we order from Wayside, we’ll ask Steve F. to send us the discs and the booklet and, like, some sleeves, and he can keep the rest of the shit. Now that’d be some goddamn customer service!

And all of those masks and shit? Wayside could open one of those Halloween shops that pop in abandoned Dollar Trees every October.

Win fucking win.

My Mother told me if I kept up with the path I was following, that I’d end up in an abandoned Dollar Tree....I’m sorry I didn’t listen, Mom!!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"The older I get, the more I realize that cynicism is just realism spelled wrong."

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I am a big Zappa fan, I have most vinyls until 'Sheik YB', I have bought everything ( mostly) on Ryko when it was firsr released on CD, I have rebought most of the 2012 remasters , I have bought some of the post releases ...I stopped completely listening to music in transport due to a problem with my inner ear. I had to wear ear plug filters and even now I just keep the filters to blend out the noise and stupid conversations. Anyway, nowadays my favourite (and often only) music moment is about 20 minutes in the morning when I am ironing a shirt and prepare stuff for the day. I listen often to one side of a vinyl , mostly favourite records (quite often Zappa) and I am less and less interested in another boxset with unreleased concerts/ demos/ runthroughs...of my favourite artists. So I'll get probably the Orchestral Favourites ....
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

Occipital Provocatee Plasmatopia's Avatar
    Not quite so excited now that I see the price, lol. Anyway, I thought this was cool:

Just sitting at home rocking back and forth and jealously caressing my invisible collection of theoretical assets.