Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920

Thread: New Zappa releases

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    Where did you read that this box set includes a Blu ray disc with the film? I can't see that mentioned anywhere, and unless my tired eyes are missing it, that also includes the Zappa website.
    When the tracklist first leaked from HMV Japan or somewhere similar, the description said that it would include a Blu ray. Later, we had other news leaks saying that it would not.

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    When the tracklist first leaked from HMV Japan or somewhere similar, the description said that it would include a Blu ray.
    I heard Amazon UK, but it could well have been both. While the box is still an autobuy for me, the absence of the video content makes it HUGELY less desirable. I suppose I'm one of the few who actually like the movie, and it has been very badly served on home video, with every version, whether on VHS, laserdisc, or DVD, being screwed up somehow. I think it was the most recent release that had the image stretched horizontally, so Flo & Eddie appeared even fatter than nature intended. The promise of a corrected remaster had me salivating. And the True Story documentary is great fun, and should have been included even if they couldn't get the rights for the film itself.

I don't buy DVDs/Blu rays much, so I'm hoping for a six CD box and then a later separate Blu ray release.