Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thrift store cd grabs

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    What's a record store?
    We still have one! https://plan9music.com/

Very cool.
    if you want money for people with minds that hate, all I can tell you is brother you have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    We still have one! https://plan9music.com/
    That brings back memories. I lived in Charlottesville when Plan 9 opened there in '84 or '85. I am surprised and happy they still exist. They helped me order Caravan's Back to Front which was otherwise completely unavailable; the mainstream Charlottesville stores wouldn't/couldn't get it. When I went to the store to pick it up the clerk said "we just got something in that you might want. I didn't put it in the racks yet because I knew you would be coming in". It was an M- copy of the original Caravan album, US pressing. $7. I had never seen a copy in any shop before. Or since, for that matter...

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    That brings back memories. I lived in Charlottesville when Plan 9 opened there in '84 or '85. I am surprised and happy they still exist. They helped me order Caravan's Back to Front which was otherwise completely unavailable; the mainstream Charlottesville stores wouldn't/couldn't get it. When I went to the store to pick it up the clerk said "we just got something in that you might want. I didn't put it in the racks yet because I knew you would be coming in". It was an M- copy of the original Caravan album, US pressing. $7. I had never seen a copy in any shop before. Or since, for that matter...
    They scaled back to one store a few years ago.. The Richmond store moved across the street to a much smaller space.. but both stores still manage to keep the lights on.. They always have had a wonderful vinyl selection (especially the Richmond location when the had the whole basement area full of $1-$5 vinyl most of which was mint condition). And much like you I've had a wonderful friendship with all the staff.. I walk in the door and it's high fives and hellos.. "how's the family etc."

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    A shop closed down in this area and it looks like all their left over stock was donated to Lifeline.

From 2 of their shops I picked up, all new:

T-Rex - Total T-Rex 1971-1972 $8.50
    Genesis - Genesis Archives 1967 - 75 $8.50
    Miles Davis - Seven Steps: The COmplete Columbia Recordings $8.50
    Bolding mine. All I can say is: 😳😱😵

Congrats!!
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

I was in Ft. Myers this past week visiting my mom. She enjoys going to thrift stores, as do I, so we hit quite a few. I found some interesting DVDs and books. The only music I found worth buying (for $2.00) was Son of the South by Toy Caldwell. I've always enjoyed his work in the Marshall Tucker Band. Haven't played the CD yet.
    Lou

Awarded the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval. It's not just good, it's good enough.

The other week I bought an album at the Goodwill, the best of Marlene Dietrich. I only bought it because it was in mint condition and was fifty cents a pound.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    I was in Ft. Myers this past week visiting my mom. She enjoys going to thrift stores, as do I, so we hit quite a few. I found some interesting DVDs and books. The only music I found worth buying (for $2.00) was Son of the South by Toy Caldwell. I've always enjoyed his work in the Marshall Tucker Band. Haven't played the CD yet.
    I always loved Toy’s vocals. I would have loved MTB if he was the only vocalist. This Ol Cowboy is one of those songs that could have been twice as long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk