Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New drummer for Glass Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    The last 3 GH albums have been absolutely spectacular. All 3 are staples in my ipod. Keep it up guys
    ITA. IF has slowly worked its way into being one of my favorite Prog albums of the past 20 years, and COR CORDIUM and PERILOUS are fine albums as well.

That trio of albums with Jonny D. is some damn fine Symph.

But for pure Prog FUN, I really love CHRONOMETREE. "Chronos Deliverer" makes me dance around the room in pure Proggy joy!
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Ditto that on Chronos Deliverer. One of my fave prog songs ever.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Let me just point out, the remixed/remade songs from Inconsolable Secret will be part of a package that includes the album in its original form. We're not pulling a Lucas here
    You mean that those of us who already have the first release, in order to get the re-mix, have to buy the first mix again?

Back to the subject of the thread....Aaron is a monster. He brought such focus and vitality to the old songs live, and a punch and edge thats never been there live-IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by jim1961 View Post
    You mean that those of us who already have the first release, in order to get the re-mix, have to buy the first mix again?
    On disc yes. But I think for download (iTunes and hopefully some form of hi-res) you wouldn't.

Glad to hear IS will soon be re-released. Been waiting for years for this. I never like personnel changes. But I can only wish for the best for this. I think JD has recorded his last with GH, so bring on whoever is next. You guys do great work.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Glad to hear IS will soon be re-released. Been waiting for years for this. I never like personnel changes. But I can only wish for the best for this. I think JD has recorded his last with GH, so bring on whoever is next. You guys do great work.
    I remember reading on Facebook that Jon and Carl will share vocals on the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I remember reading on Facebook that Jon and Carl will share vocals on the next one.
    Can you remember where, or can someone else say more?

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Banned
    It was on the Glass Hammer Facebook page.

This is the case.

No offense, but I hope Glass Hammer won't be recording for awhile. I want new Yes music with Jon Davison.
    A Yes album w/ Davison would be neat but come on, GH have been writing circles around them for a long time now!

No one will be more thrilled than me if Yes records an album with Jon D. I'm anxious to hear what they do. In the meantime we'll have at least one out, and possibly two depending on how fast they work Jon will have no problem meeting all Yes commitments while still being able to contribute some vox for us.

On topic though, we can't wait to start recording material with Aaron. The guy is a powerhouse and we will have MUCH more time to work on recording his drums since he'll be doing it here at Sound Resources and he's local which means his gear will be set up all the time, not to mention live rehearsal of material before we record it.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    On disc yes. But I think for download (iTunes and hopefully some form of hi-res) you wouldn't.
    A hi-res download option would be very nice indeed!

Please make this happen.

Fred, I am looking forward to the new music. Go for it!
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.