Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on S.W's remixes-K.C, TFF, XTC & YES

Update on S.W's remixes-K.C, TFF, XTC & YES

From his FB page

In my ongoing work remixing classic albums, a number were completed over the last 18 months or so. These include XTC “Skylarking”, Tears for Fears “The Seeds of Love”, Jethro Tull “Stand Up” and Yes “Tales from Topographic Oceans”. All of these are likely to be issued between September-November this year, except for Tears For Fears which will probably be next year. Also finally due in October are the last of my King Crimson remixes completed some years ago, “Beat”, and “Three of a Perfect Pair”.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    From his FB page

In my ongoing work remixing classic albums, a number were completed over the last 18 months or so. These include XTC “Skylarking”, Tears for Fears “The Seeds of Love”, Jethro Tull “Stand Up” and Yes “Tales from Topographic Oceans”. All of these are likely to be issued between September-November this year, except for Tears For Fears which will probably be next year. Also finally due in October are the last of my King Crimson remixes completed some years ago, “Beat”, and “Three of a Perfect Pair”.
    This is great news. I'm really looking forward to SW's 5.1 remix of Yes' "Tales From Topographic Oceans" and I hope that he gets to work on more classic albums in the future.

In an interview in a german magazine Ian said that the book Format reissues of Jethro Tull Albums will continiue with Songs from the Wood (after Stand Up),
    and that Steven will do the 70s Albums and then Jakko will take on the 80s Albums. The whole thing will stop with Crest of a Knave.

Thank you Steven Wilson for letting my Credit Card Cool down.......2015 almost caused it to melt!...................................
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Yea yea, more XTC remixes. They are great!

The seeds of love is a fantastic record don't sleep on that one. It's really well done, like Tears for Fears discovered what they could creatively do after talk talk discovered what they could do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    In an interview in a german magazine Ian said that the book Format reissues of Jethro Tull Albums will continiue with Songs from the Wood (after Stand Up),
    and that Steven will do the 70s Albums and then Jakko will take on the 80s Albums. The whole thing will stop with Crest of a Knave.
    I've read that Jakko is working on Songs from the Wood. Or could he mixing the additional materials, with Steven doing the album itself?

Banned
    Seeds of Love, wow that is cool, especially a 5.1 version. And of course the Tull remixes as expected.

Banned
    I hope Songs From the Wood is released as a high res lossless because of the high end content. I have Too Old and IMO, DTS 96/24 isn't clean enough for that production. Aqualung is OK for that format. Songs deserves the same format he releases his own stuff in.

I'm all in for Skylarking, but why Stand Up? Can't we finish the 70s / 80s albums first?

then Jakko will take on the 80s Albums. The whole thing will stop with Crest of a Knave.
    So, does that mean all the albums up to Crest? They're taking a huge chance, if so. I can't imagine what they're going to do for A, given that the obvious bonus--the Slipstream video--is already packaged as a bonus DVD with the currently available "regular" edition and won't be much of a draw for a deluxe version. As for Under Wraps, there's lots of live stuff they can use for bonus material, but the album itself was such a flop at the time of release, and remains so unpopular among most Tull fans, that I can't see a deluxe version finding much of an audience. (I love it myself, but I'm weird.)
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    As for Under Wraps, there's lots of live stuff they can use for bonus material, but the album itself was such a flop at the time of release, and remains so unpopular among most Tull fans, that I can't see a deluxe version finding much of an audience. (I love it myself, but I'm weird.)
    As do I. I expect they'll redo the drums for the deluxe edition, that'll get folks' curiosity up.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    I'm all in for Skylarking, but why Stand Up? Can't we finish the 70s / 80s albums first?
    Ian said that Steven hardly knows the albums begining from Song from the Woods, so he has to work himself into that stuff.
    As Steven seems to handle those remixes during his own tours he Needs much more time though.

Ian said that Steven hardly knows the albums begining from Song from the Woods, so he has to work himself into that stuff.
    As Steven seems to handle those remixes during his own tours he Needs much more time though.
    I thought Steven was a fan of all the 70s albums. I assume Jakko would fill in on those albums that SW wasn't familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    So, does that mean all the albums up to Crest? They're taking a huge chance, if so. I can't imagine what they're going to do for A, given that the obvious bonus--the Slipstream video--is already packaged as a bonus DVD with the currently available "regular" edition and won't be much of a draw for a deluxe version. As for Under Wraps, there's lots of live stuff they can use for bonus material, but the album itself was such a flop at the time of release, and remains so unpopular among most Tull fans, that I can't see a deluxe version finding much of an audience. (I love it myself, but I'm weird.)
    Seems like that, I have no idea what they have in stock. There is enough Studio stuff to have made Broadsword a triple album but I don't think there is much for "A". Maybe they use stuff like the Bach anniversary concert with Jobson...

I just had another look at the interview and Ian said it will end with the 80s Albums, so Rock Island might be an Option too..

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Does this mean INCLUDING Crest?

I'd take Stand Up over several of their 70s albums, personally- more rock and less of the precious twee stuff. A true classic. And it is one that might be interesting to hear a different mix, far more than most of their subsequent albums...there's some questionable mixing decisions on the original (vocals panned to one speaker on some songs, if I remember rightly).

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Does this mean INCLUDING Crest?
    Yuuup

So when does he start on the Neil Diamond catalog?

As soon as he figures out how many facets it has.

A toss up between this or Aqualung as their most popular album. I'm a Stand Up man myself.

Banned

Banned
    Based on that article, I now know why I have difficulty with the bass on SW mixes. He leaves the bass channel positioning up to the mastering engineer. There should not be a mastering engineer for high def. The mix engineer should be 100% responsible for the final sound.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    A toss up between this or Aqualung as their most popular album. I'm a Stand Up man myself.
    Two of my least favorites, actually. I'm more of a Passion Play / Warchild / Too Old / Stormwatch guy.

Very excited about Seeds of Love, mostly for the extras and surround mix. It really was one of the best sounding albums to come out of the 80s, so I can't imagine there being much room for improvement to the stereo mix, but we'll see.

Two of my least favorites, actually. I'm more of a Passion Play / Warchild / Too Old / Stormwatch guy.
    You know what? Even though A Passion Play is one of my favorite albums by anyone ever (tied with Thick as a Brick somedays), I've never listened to Warchild or Too Old To Rock and Roll.... That's something I need to correct...

Stormwatch though, that is also a very good disc.