Thread: Steven Wllson's remix of TFF's 'Sowing the Seeds of Love'!

Steven Wllson's remix of TFF's 'Sowing the Seeds of Love'!

Steve Wilson has posted on his Facebook page that he has completed a remix of Tears For Fears ' Sowing the Seeds Of Love' album!

Can't wait!!!!!
    Last edited by Rufus; 06-05-2016 at 01:11 AM.

Cool!

One of my favorite albums from the 80s. I hope he didn't do too much damage...I'll probably buy it.

This calls for a ranking!

1. Raoul and the Kings of Spain
    2. Sowing the Seeds of Love
    3. Elemental
    3. Saturnine, Lunatic and Martial (B sides collection)
    3. Songs From The Big Chair
    6. The Hurting
    7. Tomcats Screaming Outside
    8. Everybody Loves a Happy Ending

All great, except number eight.
    Last edited by yamishogun; 06-05-2016 at 01:01 AM.

Am hoping for a really good live CD from this tour! The Santa Barbara concert would be nice!!!

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    ??? An album that didn't need remixed, well maybe he can remove a few layers of reverb but still, this was one of the '80s best sounding albums, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    ??? An album that didn't need remixed, well maybe he can remove a few layers of reverb but still, this was one of the '80s best sounding albums, IMO.
    I agree. I can't see how Wilson can improve on this. Hence, "I hope he doesn't do too much damage"

Agree that it will be diffiicult to be sonically improve it but the extras & 5:1 mix will be worth the price alone!

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post

This calls for a ranking!

1. Raoul and the Kings of Spain
    2. Sowing the Seeds of Love
    3. Elemental
    3. Saturnine, Lunatic and Martial (B sides collection)
    6. The Hurting
    7. Tomcats Screaming Outside
    8. Everybody Loves a Happy Ending

All great, except number eight.

Interesting list. We are opposite on many…

I rank Tomcats Screaming Outside above the entire TFF catalog. I love that album!

For the TFF albums, here is my list:

1. Everybody Loves a Happy Ending
    2. Raoul and the Kings of Spain
    4. Sowing the Seeds of Love
    5. Secret World: Live in Paris
    6. The Hurting
    7. Elemental
    8. Saturnine, Lunatic and Martial (B sides collection)

I added Secret World live in Paris as it is an official release and contains the bonus studio track "Floating Down The River (Once Again)", which is a fantastic song.

The only reason I do not list RATKOS as #1 is because I think it is disjointed with its running order. When the remastered and expanded version came out in 2009, it was a welcome release. I did take the remastered tracks and rework the track order. Being that a lot of the songs were written about Roland's family life & marital problems and his relationship with his father, I was able to make a running order that followed a storyline.

Adding b-sides "Until I Drown", "War of Attrition", "Queen of Compromise", and "All Of The Angels", now transform RATKOS into a #1 TFF album for me. I was never much a fan of "Don't Drink the Water", "I Choose You", "Don't Drink the Water", though.

Bonus tracks "Humdrum and Humble" and "The Madness of Roland" segue nicely into Tomcats Screaming Outside.

Official 2009 RATKOS:

http://www.amazon.com/Raoul-Kings-Sp.../dp/B002FI2026

Digitally re-mastered and expanded edition of the 1995 album by the British band, their second release after the departure of co-founder Curt Smith. Tears for Fears' fifth studio album, Raoul And the Kings of Spain, now comes expanded with seven bonus recordings including 'All of the Angels', 'The Madness of Roland', 'Queen of Compromise', 'Until I Drown', 'War of Attrition' and acoustic versions of 'Raoul And the Kings of Spain' and 'Break It Down Again'. The album features a return by Oleta Adams, who duets with Roland Orzabal on the track 'Me and My Big Ideas'. Includes a picture booklet containing sleeve notes by Malcolm Dome, a new interview with Roland Orzabal and a track by track run-down.

Seeds Of Love doesn't need a stereo remix, the original Fontana (unremastered) cd sounds glorious. Will be interesting to see what Wilson comes up with for the 5.1 mix though. That could potentially be an amazing listening experience.

Seeds of Love is a great Beatle-esque song, but in the few chances I've given the album, most of the other songs didn't do much for me. Some of them seem very, um, schmaltzy. I like the previous two albums much, much more. I admit I haven't gone any further in the catalog.
    ProgEars and other prog posters & prints: http://www.michaelphipps.net
    .*AWAKEN*. gentle
    MASS -touch-

Quote Originally Posted by ProgArtist View Post
    Seeds of Love is a great Beatle-esque song, but in the few chances I've given the album, most of the other songs didn't do much for me. Some of them seem very, um, schmaltzy. I like the previous two albums much, much more. I admit I haven't gone any further in the catalog.
    Give "Swords And Knives" another chance, please. That song is huge, and there is so much going on in it; I don't see it as schmaltzy at all.

Year Of The Knife is another great one. Interesting construction and some killer vocals from Roland. Then there's Bad Man's Song, which is so good it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post

For the TFF albums, here is my list:

1. Everybody Loves a Happy Ending
    How?

I think half the songs are very good but not much sounded new to me.

"Tomcats Screaming Outside" seems like TFF considering it is still just Orzabel as with the previous two albums. I ranked it too low and think the first songs and last songs are great with a weaker middle.

How?

"Tomcats Screaming Outside" seems like TFF considering it is still just Orzabel as with the previous two albums. I ranked it too low and think the first songs and last songs are great with a weaker middle.
    ^^^Absolutely agree. Think I sold that one!

How?

For me, I am not necessarily looking for 'new'.

Curt's songs are the weakest link, but I feel the input Roland had with the album overcomes Curt's rehashed shortcomings and it exceeded my expectations.

Standout tracks for me would be:

• Quiet Ones
    • Secret World
    • Who Killed Tangerine?
    • The Devil
    • Pullin' A Cloud (UK import bonus)
    • Last Days On Earth

"Tomcats Screaming Outside" seems like TFF considering it is still just Orzabel as with the previous two albums.
    I don't classify it as another TFF album because of the more electronic sounding, drum/bass songs. There are some very good songs on there, like "Bullets For Brains", "Kill Love", "Ticket To The World", and "Maybe Our Days Are Numbered".

Every Loves A Happy Ending is my go-to TFF album. It's a great album, maybe my fav thing they've done.

Have to admit, I was very underwhelmed with the 5.1 mix of Songs From The Big Chair.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Give "Swords And Knives" another chance, please. That song is huge, and there is so much going on in it; I don't see it as schmaltzy at all.

Year Of The Knife is another great one. Interesting construction and some killer vocals from Roland. Then there's Bad Man's Song, which is so good it hurts.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I just listened to them and they do seem like two good tracks. I'm going through the whole album now to give it another chance.
    ProgEars and other prog posters & prints: http://www.michaelphipps.net
    .*AWAKEN*. gentle
    MASS -touch-