Thread: Freddie Wadling RIP

Wow. I had some marvellous concert experiences with him. Whether he was sober or dead drunk, rude or self-ironic - he always delivered the musical goods. He was essential to the success of the Fleshquartet during those early parts of the 90s.

Have to say that he usually came across as a guy who didn't exactly take particularly care of himself. My kinda guy, unfortunately.

Sad to see him leave.

His passing is all over Svenska Dagbladet and Aftonbladet as well - the no. 1 bulletin with countless accolades by colleagues etc. He'll be sorely missed, that's for sure.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I have seen him many times with Fleshquartet (and Morgan Ågren), a fascinating guy. He was very versatile with his repertoire, christian religious songs, Bowie, Beefheart, Laksmi Shankar, Beatles, Bellman etc.
    I have a friend who has been friends with him for more than 40 years. He told med that Wadling was diagnosed with a heartfailure when he was 15 and had not more than 5 years to live, then he started to burn the candle in both ends. btw he also lived together with his girfriend who was a Jehovas Witness.

Loved his attitude and his voice. First came across him via my Leather Nun albums, on which he played bass, in those wonderful late 70s goth, new wave, industrial days. It is the 70s/80s new wave, punky, post-punky, gothy, industrial Freddie I like.

Then of course when he was a guest singer with The Flesh Quartet, but to be honest I never liked their music. Yes, rest in peace Freddie

I shall give my Leather Nun albums a spin this evening in tribute to Freddie.

And here's Freddie singing with Blue For Two. Absolutely fantastic.

And here he is with Cortex.

Thanx - I never heard his works before Fleshquartet