Thread: Rob Reed to perform his Sanctary albums live at Real World

Rob Reed to perform his Sanctary albums live at Real World

White Knight Records and Nineteen 73 Promotions are proud to announce that Rob Reed and ensemble will be performing ‘SANCTUARY LIVE’ at Peter Gabriel’s REAL WORLD Studio on October 8th 2016.

Rob Reed says “I've been desperately trying to get this to happen and finally have managed to find a suitable venue and band to make it work. Having played all the instruments on the album, and it being multi-layered, I knew I would need a large band of great players. We now have a 10 piece band of outstanding musicians and singers who are all very excited about performing it live. We also intend to film and record the performance for a future DVD release, so it made perfect sense to do it in the Big Room at Real World. Although there will be afternoon and evening performances there’ll still only be a limited amount of seating. It will be a very intimate concert but everybody will be getting the full audio and close visual experience.
    I can’t wait!!!”

Tickets are available from www.robreedofficial.co.uk

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Would love to be at this show. Will look forward to the DVD. Is this the same space magenta recorded their acoustic set?

Rob Reed to perform his Sanctary albums live at Real World

It's the same studio complex but I think Rob may be using a larger room as it was quite a squeeze for the acoustic set. Big Big Train had a playback for Folklore a few weekends back in a bigger room as far as I could tell from the photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The email I received also included this:

"There will be two performances. A afternoon show at 3pm and a evening show at 8pm. There will be a meet and great after each performance, with a few surprises. Applicants for tickets will be able to stipulate a preference for either/or of two performances , but will be on a first come first served basis."

I'm certain one of the surprises will be L'Ange Gabriel in attendance. Ok, I'm far from certain. I doubt it, but it'd be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    It's the same studio complex but I think Rob may be using a larger room as it was quite a squeeze for the acoustic set. Big Big Train had a playback for Folklore a few weekends back in a bigger room as far as I could tell from the photos.
    The main studio (Big Room) at Real World would be my guess too. It's right next to the Wood Room where Magenta recorded the acoustic DVD. The BBT Folklore launch used the Big Room for the actual playback (followed by a short acoustic set by 7/8ths of the band).

I will probably pass on this one however, Sanctuary never really hit the spot with me.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Would love to be at this show. Will look forward to the DVD. Is this the same space magenta recorded their acoustic set?
    Yes, it will be the larger studio (The Big Room).

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.41...7i10000!8i5000

I couldn't possibly miss this. One thing that I admire about Rob is that he is always looking for something special in these projects.

By the way Chris - I remember you saying you dragged a camera up Hergest Ridge to do some video work. Is that it?