Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 594

Thread: The RIP Thread

  1. #1
    Member jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Xxxxxxx
    Posts
    1,064

    The RIP Thread

    I'm as guilty as anyone for posting obits which have meaning mainly to me. Perhaps we should have one RIP thread and everyone post to that thread. No more arguments, no moe duplicate threads - if you don't wanna read it - don't.

  2. #2
    Member rcarlberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,765
    RIP individual RIP threads, with moaning and rending of garments.

  3. #3
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    16,578
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    RIP individual RIP threads, with moaning and rending of garments.
    RIP Idi Amin

  4. #4
    Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    4209′30″N 7108′43″W
    Posts
    6,286

  5. #5
    Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    4209′30″N 7108′43″W
    Posts
    6,286

  6. #6
    Member rcarlberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,765
    That's a big Rip.

  7. #7
    Member Vic2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    7,575
    RIP lizard. That lizard that I shook out of my pants a couple weeks ago died in a bar.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    I'm as guilty as anyone for posting obits which have meaning mainly to me. Perhaps we should have one RIP thread and everyone post to that thread. No more arguments, no moe duplicate threads - if you don't wanna read it - don't.
    Maybe we should do away with all the "Your Favorite blah blah blah? (pick one!)" threads also. Lately there's more of those than RIP threads.

  9. #9
    Member rcarlberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,765
    RIP "your favorite blah blah blah" threads.

  10. #10
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    16,578

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Maybe we should do away with all the "Your Favorite blah blah blah? (pick one!)" threads also. Lately there's more of those than RIP threads.
    We could do a RIP VS Favorite thread. The VS threads are mostly from the same source. A pox on you!

  12. #12
    Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    4209′30″N 7108′43″W
    Posts
    6,286
    http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar...nteau-66-passe

    Somewhere in between being an AM top 40 Jock going by "Scotty Wainwright" and being a convicted kiddie diddler, this guy had a good radio career going. It was thru him that I found out about UK and Klaus Schulze, and I recall once he announced the new Paul McCartney single, played it, and when it was over said, "Well, that blows." (I don't remember which one)

  13. #13
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    16,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar...nteau-66-passe

    Somewhere in between being an AM top 40 Jock going by "Scotty Wainwright" and being a convicted kiddie diddler, this guy had a good radio career going. It was thru him that I found out about UK and Klaus Schulze, and I recall once he announced the new Paul McCartney single, played it, and when it was over said, "Well, that blows." (I don't remember which one)
    Do you remember which decade it was?

  14. #14
    Member Jerjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    small town in ND
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Maybe we should do away with all the "Your Favorite blah blah blah? (pick one!)" threads also. Lately there's more of those than RIP threads.
    I could do with a lot less of those.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

  15. #15
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    16,578
    RIP Hagrid! N-oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo!

  16. #16
    Member jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Xxxxxxx
    Posts
    1,064
    Sad loss, Robbie Coltrane was a very funny guy and a great actor. I remember he used to come see my band perform in a bar on Byres Rd in Glasgow in the early 80s. This was round about when he was appearing on The Young Ones and the classic drama about a Scottish rock n roll band “Tutti-Frutti”. RIP Mason Boyne.

  17. #17
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

  18. #18
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    13,062
    I remember Robbie Coltrane from the Prime Suspect series. He was very good.

  19. #19
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    16,578
    Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Sad loss, Robbie Coltrane was a very funny guy and a great actor. I remember he used to come see my band perform in a bar on Byres Rd in Glasgow in the early 80s. This was round about when he was appearing on The Young Ones and the classic drama about a Scottish rock n roll band “Tutti-Frutti”. RIP Mason Boyne.
    Didn't know he was on Young Ones - what did he do?

  20. #20
    Member jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Xxxxxxx
    Posts
    1,064
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Didn't know he was on Young Ones - what did he do?
    He was the bouncer outside Viv’s room and few other cameos.
    Last edited by jake; 10-15-2022 at 02:49 AM.

  21. #21
    Member Camelogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lovetron/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,754
    RIP Bruce Sutter

  22. #22
    Member nosebone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Stamford, Ct.
    Posts
    1,530
    RIP Mark Hitt, guitarist for Rat Race Choir, John Entwhistle, Robin Zander and many others
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

  23. #23
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    16,578
    RIP our 7 1/2 year-old cat, Iris, who we had to put down on Saturday. Not sure of the cause, but the vet ruled out a couple of things and then she was really too weak to put her through a bunch of tests. Fortunately, we still have five cats left!

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    RIP our 7 1/2 year-old cat, Iris, who we had to put down on Saturday.
    I'm sorry to hear that.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I remember Robbie Coltrane from the Prime Suspect series. He was very good.
    He was in Cracker. Prime Suspect was Helen Mirren.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •