Thread: Keith Emerson Tribute Concert videos 5/28/16

Keith Emerson Tribute Concert videos 5/28/16

A few have been uploaded on youtube. Enjoy!
    Rehearsal, "Fanfare For The Common Man" Jobson just slays it!
    "Karn Evil IX"-
    "The Barbarian", "Hoedown"-
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    A few have been uploaded on youtube. Enjoy!
    Rehearsal, "Fanfare For The Common Man"
    At first, I thought those were some truly amazing samples, or amazingly realistic Moog programming/playing. Then I noticed, back behind the drummer, the real thing.....

"Touch & Go"-

"Lucky Man"-
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

"Young man says you are what you eat, eat well."
    http://www.blissbomb.net/

Jobson on Bitches C^^^

All of these are great!

Banned

Anyone here go?

Looks to have been a good crowd from the videos and I was very impressed by the calibre of guests who played- Brian Auger, Steve Lukather, Jordan Rudess, Eddie Jobson etc. A fitting, well deserved tribute.

Please can we get a proper release of this, just as with the Jon Lord tribute?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Please can we get a proper release of this, just as with the Jon Lord tribute?
    Word has it that it will be released officially.

I had a choice on what to do on Saturday night, but I went for the closer gig to my place. It would have been nice to clone myself to go to both. Just watching the videos on here makes me a bit sad that I didn't go. That said, the other gig (The Security Project) went very well, and I don't regret going to it.

Fun fact: While Eddie Jobson was at the Emerson Tribute, two of his UKZ cohorts (Trey Gunn and Alex Machacek) played at The Security Project gig.

video bundle with notes

(In case anyone wants to keep them.)

Tarkus Part 1 ft. Dream Theater's Jordan Rudess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TpOx90ceMM

Emerson, Lake & Palmer Tarkus Eruption, Stones of Years, Iconoclast, Mass and Manticore features Dream Theater keyboardist Jordan Rudess, Keith Emerson Band members guitarist/vocalist/event organizer Marc Bonilla and bassist Travis Davis, Tesla drummer Troy Luccketta and guitarist Mike Wallace. The Official Keith Emerson Tribute was held at El Rey Theater, Los Angeles, CA on May 28, 2016, just a few miles away from Keith Emerson's home town of Santa Monica. He died on March 11, 2016. Please be patient as the organizers' official tribute DVD is coming.

Tarkus Part 2 ft. Dream Theater's Jordan Rudess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1sk8cm_hm8

Emerson, Lake & Palmer Tarkus Battlefield, Aquatarkus features Dream Theater keyboardist Jordan Rudess and Keith Emerson Band members guitarist/vocalist/event organizer Marc Bonilla and bassist Travis Davis, Tesla drummer Troy Luccketta and guitarist Mike Wallace. The Official Keith Emerson Tribute was live in concert at the El Rey Theater, Los Angeles, CA on May 28, 2016, just a few miles away from Keith's hometown residence in Santa Monica where he died on March 11, 2016.

The Endless Enigma at Official Keith Emerson Tribute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlYENDTTcCg

Young female keyboardist extraordinaire Rachel Flowers on grand piano, Keith Emerson Band members guitarist/event organizer Marc Bonilla and bassist Travis Davis, Tesla drummer Troy Luccketta, keyboardist Jonathan Sindelman and guitarist Mike Wallace are featured on full instrumental version of Emerson, Lake & Palmer's The Endless Enigma: Endless Enigma Part One, Fugue and Endless Enigma Part Two. ELP rarely performed this studio gem live, taken from their 1972 third album Trilogy with music composed by Keith Emerson and beautifully recreated by Rachel Flowers. The Official Keith Emerson Tribute was live in concert at the El Rey Theater, Los Angeles, CA on May 28, 2016.

The Barbarian ft. Steve Porcaro & Rachel Flowers/Hoedown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmcawqPlCEI

TOTO keyboardist Steve Porcaro performs The Barbarian (from 1970 Emerson, Lake & Palmer debut album) on Hammond organ while Rachel Flowers plays the middle grand piano interlude, accompanied by Gregg Bissonette (Ringo Starr All-Starr Band) on drums, Marc Bonilla (Keith Emerson Band) on guitar, Travis Davis (Keith Emerson Band) on bass, Mike Wallace (Boys Club/Dragonchoir) on guitar. Aaron Copland's Hoe-Down (from ELP 1972 Trilogy album) features Ed Roth on Hammond B3 organ, Joe Travers of Zappa's Universe on drums, Jeff Skunk Baxter (Steely Dan/Doobie Brothers) on guitar, Mick Mahan (Pat Benatar) on bass guitar. Hosted by DJ Uncle Joe Benson of Los Angeles FM Classic Rock 100.3 The Sound, the Official Keith Emerson Tribute concert was live at El Rey Theater, Los Angeles, CA on May 28, 2016. Keith Emerson died a few miles way at his home in Santa Monica on March 11, 2016.

Karn Evil 9 First Impression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCQN4jaxfkI

Kae Matsumoto of Kae M Black opens concert on solo grand piano followed by Keith Emerson Band performing Emerson, Lake & Palmer Brain Salad Surgery 1973 masterpiece Karn Evil #9 First Impression. Organized by Keith Emerson Band guitarist/vocalist Marc Bonilla and hosted by DJ Uncle Joe Benson of Los Angeles FM Classic Rock 100.3 The Sound, the Official Keith Emerson Tribute concert was live at El Rey Theater, Los Angeles, CA on May 28, 2016.

Take A Pebble ft. CJ Vanston/Tank ft. Joe Travers/Brian Auger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDC9fdLKGm8

C.J. Vanston of Spinal Tap on grand piano, Keith Emerson Band's Travis Davis on bass guitar/vocals and Gregg Bissonette of Ringo Starr All-Starr Band on drums perform ELP Take A Pebble, composed by Greg Lake. CJ Vanston worked on a synthesizer orchestra project with Keith Emerson in 2011 and produced the album TOTO XIV in 2015.

Tank, written by Keith Emerson and Carl Palmer, is from the same Emerson, Lake & Palmer 1970 debut album featuring Joe Travers of Frank Zappa's Universe on drum solo, Brian Auger of Oblivion Express on Hammond organ solo, Jonathan Sindelman of Yes' Alan White Band on synthesizer keyboards, Pat Benatar bassist Mick Mahan and Keith Emerson Band guitarist Marc Bonilla. The Official Keith Emerson Tribute Show was live in concert at the El Rey Theater, Los Angeles, CA on May 28, 2016. Keith Emerson died on March 11, 2016, a few miles away at his Santa Monica home.

From The Beginning/Bitches Crystal/Nutrocker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8uqmCbUQD8

Keith Emerson Band's Marc Bonilla on lead vocals/acoustic guitar, Phillppe Saisse on grand piano, Gregg Bissonette on drums perform From The Beginning from ELP 1972 Trilogy. Eddie Jobson of U.K./Roxy Music on keyboards, Marc Bonilla on electric guitar/vocals and Joe Travers of Zappa Plays Zappa on drums are featured on Bitches Crystal from 1971 Tarkus, composed by Keith Emerson and Greg Lake. Tchaikovsky/Kim Fowler's Nutrocker is from the Emerson, Lake & Palmer 1971 live album Pictures At An Exhibition, featuring Philippe Saisse, Marc Bonilla, Joe Travers, Jonathan Sindelman of Yes' Alan White Band on synthesizer keyboards, Pat Benatar bassist Mick Mahan and Mike Wallace on guitar. The Official Keith Emerson Tribute Show was live in concert at the El Rey Theater, Los Angeles, CA on May 28, 2016. Keith Emerson died on March 11, 2016, a few miles away at his Santa Monica home.

Lucky Man/Great Gates Of Kiev on Official Tribute Finale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVrvm_MMUQY

Historic rock line-up of The Best vocalist Rick Livingstone, TOTO guitarist Steve Lukather, TOTO keyboardist Steve Pocaro on grand piano, U.K./Roxy Music keyboardist Eddie Jobson on MOOG synthesizer, keyboardist Jonathan Sindelman, Frank Zappa/Jeff Beck drummer Vinnie Colaiuta, Steely Dan/Doobie Brothers steel guitarist Jeff Baxter, Keith Emerson Band members guitarist/vocalist Marc Bonilla and bassist Travis Davis, guitarist Mike Wallace with keyboardist Brian Auger perform Greg Lake composition Lucky Man from Emerson, Lake & Palmer 1970 debut album followed by Mussorgsky's The Great Gates Of Kiev from ELP 1971 live Pictures At An Exhibition. The Official Tribute in loving memory of Keith Emerson was live in concert at the El Rey Theater, Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA on May 28, 2016, just a few miles from Keith Emerson's Santa Monica home where he died on March 11, 2016. Lucky Man was one of the first songs to include a modular Moog Synthesizer solo. Keith became the first artist to tour with “The Moog” internationally with the help of its inventor, Dr. Robert Moog. His daughter spoke at the tribute. Michelle Moog-Koussa said that when "Keith left us, I felt like a part of my father had died." Sure, others employed her dad's creation, but only Emerson "dared to take the instrument on stage night after night, country after country," she said. "Keith took this daunting, sometimes delicate and highly expressive new technology that was originally designed to sit on a table at some studio, and he boldly brought it to the masses."

Fanfare For The Common Man on Official Tribute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx5u5g8BQ8o

Maestro Terje Mikkelsen of Three Fates Project traveled from Oslo, Norway to conduct the brass/kettle drum section including horn prelude of Fanfare For The Common Man, arranged by Emerson, Lake & Palmer. Aaron Copland's composition is from the ELP 1977 double album Works Volume 1. Live performance features U.K./Roxy Music keyboardist Eddie Jobson, TOTO guitarist Steve Lukather, Frank Zappa/Jeff Beck drummer Vinnie Colauita, Keith Emerson Band guitarist Marc Bonilla and bassist Travis Davis. Accolades to Keith's fiance Mari Kawaguchi and Marc Bonilla for organizing and coordinating the only Official Keith Emerson Tribute. The successful show was live at the El Rey Theater, Los Angeles, CA on May 28, 2016, less than three months after Keith Emerson's untimely death.

Are You Ready Eddy / Commotion at Keith Emerson Official Tribute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy4K_NbxTE4

TOTO XIV producer and keyboardist CJ Vanston grand piano introduction includes Trilogy excerpt from ELP 1972 Trilogy album. Are You Ready Eddy? live encore performance also features The Best vocalist Rick Livingstone, Keith Emerson Band guitarist Marc Bonilla, bassist Travis Davis, guitarist Mike Wallace and Ringo All-Starr Band drummer Gregg Bissonette. Are You Ready Eddy? is the final track from Emerson, Lake & Palmer 1971 album Tarkus.

The Keith Emerson Official Tribute concert ends with Marc Bonilla and Dragonchoir's instrumental version of Creedence Clearwater song Commotion with Ed Roth joining Keith Emerson Band on keyboards. Accolades to Keith's fiance Mari Kawaguchi from Japan and Marc Bonilla for organizing and coordinating the only Official Keith Emerson Tribute. The successful show was live at the El Rey Theater, Los Angeles, CA on May 28, 2016, less than three months after Keith Emerson's untimely death.

Lots of cool stuff. It's obviously great to have Jobson, Jordan and Rachel there, but Philippe Saisse and CJ Vanston were amazing. Some fine drummers too.

But nothing outside of ELP? Nothing from the Nice days? Give 'em the hits, I guess.

And while it was probably cool to have all those wailing guitars it's a shame there weren't any Hammond organ duels. It would have been fun to see Brian Auger face off against Steve Porcaro or Eddie Jobson for example.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    it's a shame
    That neither Greg or Carl were there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Lots of cool stuff. It's obviously great to have Jobson, Jordan and Rachel there, but Philippe Saisse and CJ Vanston were amazing. Some fine drummers too.

But nothing outside of ELP? Nothing from the Nice days? Give 'em the hits, I guess.

And while it was probably cool to have all those wailing guitars it's a shame there weren't any Hammond organ duels. It would have been fun to see Brian Auger face off against Steve Porcaro or Eddie Jobson for example.
    There was a piece that Keith enjoyed while with Nice, played. I saw it somewhere but not above.

The Endless Enigma is a must see, even if you're not a big ELP fan.

I was nice to revisit these again.