Thread: BBC4 70s rock

BBC4 70s rock

An artist who was around with the Beatles then Bowie and was known as the most well-connected in rock and I had never heard of him. Even forgot his name for this thread. Can anyone enlighten me? Anyway the first part was astounding, Free, Man, Nazareth, Mott The Hoople and the fantastic Faith Healer himself, Alex Harvey. Second part from 75 not so rewarding, Kursaal Flyers???, Pub rock Eddie and The Hotrods. switched off half way thru The Rumour and I can't remember whether Gary Holton was in the second part or first but the Heavy Metal Kids were impressive and I had never heard them before though they got a lot of space in the music press. I must have only read the bad reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Bulldozer View Post
    An artist who was around with the Beatles then Bowie and was known as the most well-connected in rock and I had never heard of him. Even forgot his name for this thread. Can anyone enlighten me?
    Roy Young.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Bulldozer View Post
    An artist who was around with the Beatles then Bowie and was known as the most well-connected in rock and I had never heard of him. Even forgot his name for this thread. Can anyone enlighten me?
    Paul Korda.

Quote Originally Posted by Progtastic View Post
    Roy Young.
    https://rateyourmusic.com/release/al...and/mr__funky/

Yes!. The song featured was Wild Country Wine... two albums and no reviews.

Gary Holton sounds like latter day Steve Marriot, also featured earlier on a ragged Honky Tonk Woman.

I once blew the mains fuse in an amplifier playing Faith Healer, fully cranked up, bass on 10. Windows were rattling and then it all went quiet.