Thread: New Utopianisti

New Utopianisti

Folks that likes the first two releases of this Finnish band might be excited to learn that they've just released a new album. Looking forward to seeing it carried by Laser Edge and Wayside!

Cool! I have their first two albums. I'll definitely give this a listen. Thanks for the heads-up!

Bill

Listened to their debut last night and enjoyed it. I might actually like this one better than the second one that goes off into some stuff I don't enjoy as much (all that fake operatic stuff, and more "metal" moments, iirc). But the second one is super long, and there's a wide variety of stuff there. That's in the queue for a fresh spin over the long weekend.

Bill

Good Day Holiday Weekend Saturday!

I have Utopianisti II in my collection and I enjoy it tremendously. Nice cover artwork and packaging too... Definitely think that there are some Frank Z. fans in this band also - yessir!

My 'need to purchase' list tells me I should place some orders soon!

Carry On
    Chris Buckley

More honkin goodness from these geniuses in Tampere, now with a few fantastic vocals. RIYL Atomic Ape, Eddie Palmieri Big Band, Zappa's mid-career Wazoo releases, I received this from Markus last week.

Just wanted to inform that we've released a new album "The Third Frontier" on Pohjola Records (Pekka Pohjola's old label, yay!), but due to being on a different label I can't sell it on our Bandcamp page.

The new album was conceived with the live line-up, we're really happy with it and so far it has got only 5-star reviews. Here's a traditionally silly making-of doc/teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWir9KRbXPw
    and a music video of one of the songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_e1wrNtJk

If you're interested in getting the album straight from us, reply to me at markus.pajakkala@gmail.com and I'll send info on how to get it. It's released on CD + digital files are possible. The album is also on Spotify and several other digital services. CD can be autographed too

Cheers, and thanks again!
    PS. follow us on Facebook to hear what's going on. For now our only confirmed gig is 18th of August in Tampere/Finland, but more to come!
    Markus / Utopianisti
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org