Thread: Thunder

Thunder

I recently just discovered this band’s most recent album and am really digging it. This is a band that pretty much has zero profile here in the U.S. but they appear to be much bigger in Europe. Anyway…..any fans here and if so what albums should I explore in their back catalogue?

Did you miss their 1990 hit, "Dirty Love"?

Get Backstreet Symphony

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Did you miss their 1990 hit, "Dirty Love"?

Get Backstreet Symphony
    I saw Thunder live in 2013, and the Thunder of 2013 is nothing like the Thunder of 1990, apart from a split and reformation and only 2 original members, their sound now is very different to that of 1990.

Have not heard that song in years, but I do recognize the chorus. I Had no clue who it was.

Yea, I would say they look and sound quite different these days, but I like it:

I'm a big fan of this band. The first time I heard of them was when I was in the Army while stationed in Bamberg, Germany in 1990. I remember buying 'Backstreet Symphony' at some music store in Bamberg after hearing "Love Walked In" on radio. Their most recent record 'Wonder Days' is great. Like Steve said, apparently they are bigger in the UK/Europe than here in the states.

https://youtu.be/K6qNNtVNeYs

Quote Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
    I'm a big fan of this band. The first time I heard of them was when I was in the Army while stationed in Bamberg, Germany in 1990. I remember buying 'Backstreet Symphony' at some music store in Bamberg after hearing "Love Walked In" on radio. Their most recent record 'Wonder Days' is great. Like Steve said, apparently they are bigger in the UK/Europe than here in the states.

https://youtu.be/K6qNNtVNeYs
    Never heard that one before. "Wonder Days" is the album I picked up and I am really enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Never heard that one before. "Wonder Days" is the album I picked up and I am really enjoying it.
    I'm not sure but I think "Love Walked In" might be their highest charting single in the UK.

good-time (hard) rock‘n’roll and smart songwriting. much hyped by KERRANG! in the early 1990s and, in many ways, the only natural successor to pre-“slide it in” WHiTESNAKE. some of the members (luke, danny, ben) had been active in a band called TERRAPLANE before.

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    good-time (hard) rock‘n’roll and smart songwriting. much hyped by KERRANG! in the early 1990s and, in many ways, the only natural successor to pre-“slide it in” WHiTESNAKE. some of the members (luke, danny, ben) had been active in a band called TERRAPLANE before.
    I also have 2 albums from the side project The Union which I think are quite good.