Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: North Sea Radio Orchestra

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Meeting my sister for a few ales today, gig tomorrow at 2.30, fly back Monday morning.
    Can you adopt me - I just need a family member to front my overseas costs... dad! Hi Kavus! Big hug... or as much as I can get on ya before you crush me

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post
    Hey! See you there, Ian.
    Cool, see you there Kavus.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Just got back from my quick round trip to London for the William D Drake and North Sea Radio Orchestra. Got in on Saturday morning and spent the afternoon with my sister. We toured around a few Craft Ale pubs and had a rather good time. Sunday headed over for the gig. Met a bunch of online friends at the gig from the prog scene and Kavus & Charlie Cawood from Knifeworld. Certainly felt like a gathering of the tribe. Nice little church, band was at floor level so could only really see the tops of the heads of the musicians. William D Drake played with James Larcombe on Hurdygurdy and clarinet player. The sound wasn't great with some echo from the high ceiling messing with the mix but good stuff and a nice set. North Sea Radio Orchestra's sound was much better. Very much a folky chamber rock band with violin, cello, bassoon, clarinet, vibes, acoustic guitar, keys and vocal. Absolutely beautiful stuff, wonderful material delivered expertly with humor & warmth. Came away breathless at the end. Flew out Monday morning via Phillie. Tired but very happy.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

We toured around a few Craft Ale pubs and had a rather good time.
    More English words have never been written in the history of PE.

Just got back from my quick round trip to London for the William D Drake and North Sea Radio Orchestra. Got in on Saturday morning and spent the afternoon with my sister. We toured around a few Craft Ale pubs and had a rather good time. Sunday headed over for the gig. Met a bunch of online friends at the gig from the prog scene and Kavus & Charlie Cawood from Knifeworld. Certainly felt like a gathering of the tribe. Nice little church, band was at floor level so could only really see the tops of the heads of the musicians. William D Drake played with James Larcombe on Hurdygurdy and clarinet player. The sound wasn't great with some echo from the high ceiling messing with the mix but good stuff and a nice set. North Sea Radio Orchestra's sound was much better. Very much a folky chamber rock band with violin, cello, bassoon, clarinet, vibes, acoustic guitar, keys and vocal. Absolutely beautiful stuff, wonderful material delivered expertly with humor & warmth. Came away breathless at the end. Flew out Monday morning via Phillie. Tired but very happy.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson