Thread: Biters

Biters

This has absolutely nothing to do with prog, but just curious if there is anyone here into this band from Atlanta Georgia? These young guys take their influence from the mid-70's glam rock movement and idolize bands like Sweet, T-Rex, Bowie and others of that era. Musically they are pretty basic, but I think the songwriting is great and this album is just an in your face great one to crank up in your car on a sunny day. Anyway.....if you don't think anyone is making great straight up, kick ass rock n roll anymore, you might want to check them out.

As a power pop fan, I find these songs very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    As a power pop fan, I find these songs very enjoyable.
    The whole album is really good. Not a clunker on it.

Saw them live earlier in the year. A total blast! I'l second how good the album is too.

Quote Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
    Saw them live earlier in the year. A total blast! I'l second how good the album is too.
    The song "1975" has become a constant earworm I can't get out of my head as has "The Kid's Ain't Alright" both of which talk about the today's state of rock h roll. This whole album has been in constant rotation in my car since I picked it up.

OK. I ordered the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The song "1975" has become a constant earworm I can't get out of my head as has "The Kid's Ain't Alright" both of which talk about the today's state of rock h roll. This whole album has been in constant rotation in my car since I picked it up.
    Heart Fulla Rock N Roll is the one constantly lodged in my brain. High quality dumb fun!

Dreams Don't Die has been nagging at me as well. It reminded me so much of another song but I couldn't quite put my finger on which one. And then it finally came to me. Tom Petty's One Story Town from Long After Dark. Makes a lot of sense really. They certainly have T.P.'s knack of making clever things sound simple!

Just saw yesterday that they are coming to a club near me, but are the opening act on a 3 band bill with headliners Buckcherry. I am not really a Buckcherry fan and I figure Biters will only get a half hour, so will probably skip it.