Thread: The "Official" Ennio Morricone Thread

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    BTW, already mentioned in the Italian Prog thread, here's Calibro 35's take on some of Morricone's work from "Scacco al Maestro - Volume 1".

Arena is from The Mercenery/ Il Mercenenario (Sergio Cobucci, 1968), one of the more fun Westerns with political overtones. Franco Nero is great and Tony Musante is way better an actor than Argento ever claimed after filming The Bird with the Crystal Plumage.
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Ah, and what about this? It's our Bigband (Big Band Friesland, serious amateurs) with strings, playing a Morricone Suite a few years ago arranged by our conductor, who is a big fan of Giú la Testa! It's live and it was hot, so a few mistakes are made, but overall it's something I'm pretty proud of I love Ruud's The Trio solo on trumpet and that's me playing (and screwing up a little) The Ecstasy of Gold!
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    got to see "Ennio"
    The documentary
    Pretty meh if you ask me
    I will definitely see it but I can hypothesize what you're saying, even judging by what was left out in the FZ movie. Only so much you can fit in. Yet I love EM so I feel like I need to see it. Anybody in the states know where/how we can see it? I don't have Virgin Go app...

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Plumage View Post
    And ignoring Nicolai is a sin in my book.
    True, nothing about Nicolai at all. I believe it's because during the western era, Morricone had a falling out with Nicolai, and Ennio accused him of plagiarism. And I can understand that since I also have Nicolai's western scores and many of them sound exactly like a score that Morricone wrote. Some will think Morricone wrote those scores, but not so. Too close for comfort I guess?
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I will definitely see it but I can hypothesize what you're saying, even judging by what was left out in the FZ movie. Only so much you can fit in. Yet I love EM so I feel like I need to see it. Anybody in the states know where/how we can see it? I don't have Virgin Go app...
    The movie is very hard to find. I admit that I used my VPN and found it on a torrent site.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.