Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: ARW- Anderson Rabin Wakeman Official Announcement

What are presale codes for SF and SJ?

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    Meh...was never excited about Rabin, and IMO YES was not the prog YES that I knew and loved during his era. Now, everyone sing..."Owner of a stinky fart."
    Yeah agree--Yes west doesn't hold up at all--I heard the best of it on Sirius deep tracks---Hearts---and even that wasn't too good. The guitar parts ordinary.
    Not like I remembered it. Rabin isn't even in my top 25 great guitarists ---so it is what it is but I may go see them if I am free.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    OK....you're convincing me. you're right about the Fox...great setting for a show.
    You guys in Atlanta? I'm up in the air about this show. Going to the Fox in a few weeks for Brigfloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    I'm now expecting something sort of like the ABWH tour, but without the new music,
    I bet they play at least one new song and maybe two. There is no way they are going to tour without at least ten minutes of new music.

Quote Originally Posted by Innerviews View Post
    No codes AFAIK. The presale starts Thursday, so I think as long as you're a Live Nation subscriber they give you access.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Went to the box office today and saved that extra twenty something dollars in fees. Had checked availability on Ticketbastards first and noticed a 15th row seat for $129 and bought it in person. Strangely too, the seats right next to me are $305 each. But, it includes a "collectable" laminate. Whatever...
    So now I check and the seats next to me are also $129, as are seats in the 9th row on the other side; tickets for seats in the 8th row are $550** each! Also of note, only 2 front row package seats remain at a mere $750* per ticket.

**HOT SOUND PACKAGE:
    . One (1) premium reserved ticket
    . Priority check-in and entrance
    . Invitation to private sound check
    . Access to the pre-show reception:
    o specially selected appetizers
    o complimentary wine, beer, and assorted soft drink selection
    . Crowd-free merchandise shopping (where available)
    . Merchandise item designed and created exclusively for package purchasers
    . Collectible laminate to remember your evening
    . Onsite check-in staff

*FRONT ROW MEET & GREET PACKAGE includes One front row reserved ticket, Priority check-in and entrance, Meet & Greet with Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman, Photo opportunity with Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman, Invitation to private sound check, Access to the pre-show reception: specially selected appetizers & complimentary wine, beer, and assorted soft drink selection, Crowd-free merchandise shopping (where available), Merchandise item designed and created exclusively for package purchasers, and more!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    So now I check and the seats next to me are also $129, as are seats in the 9th row on the other side; tickets for seats in the 8th row are $550** each! Also of note, only 2 front row package seats remain at a mere $750* per ticket.

**HOT SOUND PACKAGE:
    . One (1) premium reserved ticket
    . Priority check-in and entrance
    . Invitation to private sound check
    . Access to the pre-show reception:
    o specially selected appetizers
    o complimentary wine, beer, and assorted soft drink selection
    . Crowd-free merchandise shopping (where available)
    . Merchandise item designed and created exclusively for package purchasers
    . Collectible laminate to remember your evening
    . Onsite check-in staff

*FRONT ROW MEET & GREET PACKAGE includes One front row reserved ticket, Priority check-in and entrance, Meet & Greet with Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman, Photo opportunity with Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman, Invitation to private sound check, Access to the pre-show reception: specially selected appetizers & complimentary wine, beer, and assorted soft drink selection, Crowd-free merchandise shopping (where available), Merchandise item designed and created exclusively for package purchasers, and more!

I'm trying to Imagine what Lindsay Cooper would think of $750 tickets that would allow "crowd free merchandise shopping".

Damn, I need me some crowd-free shopping (where available) and two-buck chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    I'm trying to Imagine what Lindsay Cooper would think of $750 tickets that would allow "crowd free merchandise shopping".
    Good one. Perhaps "That's what you get for puking on your grand piano and thus flunking at the RCM, while finishing with A degrees sees me composing serious art musics, reaching substantial merit and accolade yet making little money. Alas 'pop music' is and will always be about the dough."
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Good one. Perhaps "That's what you get for puking on your grand piano and thus flunking at the RCM, while finishing with A degrees sees me composing serious art musics, reaching substantial merit and accolade yet making little money. Alas 'pop music' is and will always be about the dough."
    Trivia time! Who was the first member of Yes to finish a music degree?

Answer later...

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

I'll say Bruford, didn't he recently graduate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    So there's no new album coming soon then.
    Actually is rather them take the time to do something good instead of rushing out material just for the tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first member of Yes who had finished any degree was Moraz, although his was in economics or something.

The first member of Yes who had finished a music degree was Downes.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Trivia time! Who was the first member of Yes to finish a music degree?

Answer later...

Henry
    Geoff Downes?
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Actually is rather them take the time to do something good instead of rushing out material just for the tour.
    "rushing out" doesn't seem like quite the right term for a project that is 6 years and 5 months old...

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    I'll say Bruford, didn't he recently graduate?
    PhD in music, yes (university of surrey, UK) – as a retired silver student!

"rushing out" doesn't seem like quite the right term for a project that is 6 years and 5 months old...

Henry
    With Jon involved it is.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by zumacraig View Post
    You guys in Atlanta? I'm up in the air about this show. Going to the Fox in a few weeks for Brigfloyd.
    Yeah! Come on down for ARW!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Yeah! Come on down for ARW!
    Very cool. I'll touch base when I get a ticket. Maybe a pre-show meet up. Good to know there's some ATL folks here.

PE is Atlanta born. It all started here back in '99! Yeah, lets make that happen!

That Classic Rock interview with Wakeman.......we have David Bowie to blame for "Journey to the Center of the Earth"????

The first member of Yes who had finished a music degree was Downes.

Henry, I thought I read way back (Hedges?) that Tony Kaye was in a music program somewhere as a youngin (RCM?). I guess he never graduated?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I like where they're going with this. As much as I'm dying for new material, I want it to be right. I think the tour will do them a ton of good. In this day and age of "sending files back and forth", as convenient as that is, there's just something missing. Jamming in a room together, face to face, cannot be replaced. The potential for magic, and capturing "lightning in a bottle" with these guys is too great to risk missing out on.

Any info on pre-sale codes for Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by Innerviews View Post
    I take it back, Anil. The presale code for SF is LEGEND. Here's the link again.

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    I like where they're going with this. As much as I'm dying for new material, I want it to be right. I think the tour will do them a ton of good. In this day and age of "sending files back and forth", as convenient as that is, there's just something missing. Jamming in a room together, face to face, cannot be replaced. The potential for magic, and capturing "lightning in a bottle" with these guys is too great to risk missing out on.

Any info on pre-sale codes for Chicago?
    You know musicians can Skype. I've taken some great jazz lessons from some great players on Skype.