Thread: OSI, the original

OSI, the original

Love this CD.
    It popped up this morning on the way in to work................awesome stuff.

It is fascinating to hear the original tapes and then hear the final product after K. Moore took it home and worked on it for a while.
    Matheos, Portnoy, and Sean Malone make for a great solid base for this project.
    Good stuff.................

Oh yes, brilliant album! I discovered them when the album Blood came out, which is also a very good album.

Original tapes? Where can they be heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Original tapes? Where can they be heard?
    Years ago upon the release of this CD, one option was to buy an expanded version (3 CDs) that had not only the extra three cover tunes but also the original recordings from the weekend that the initial tracks were laid down.
    That third CD from the expanded package reflects the order of the songs they recorded, and it is, of course, at that point all instrumental.
    Then you can go back to the final CD and hear exactly what was added and how Kevin Moore changed it all up................he actually does an amazingly creative job.
    After seeing your question here, I looked at the web and could not find the expanded version available anywhere.

I had to check my copy but it's the two disc set with the extra bonus tracks and video documentary on the second disc.
    Love that album especially Steven Wilson's song shutDOWN with him on vocals.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Love this album as well.

Dirt From A Holy Place... cant get any better than that. And I enjoy enormously Free... things like Sure You Will and Free. Are we up for a new one yet?

love it. would love a copy on vinyl.

sadly, i can't say the same about the rest of their catalog.

Hate it when the enemy travels, cuz it's awfully un-american.

It was their best offering IMO
    Still alive and well...

love all of their stuff, as well as the first CHROMA KEY albums. “free” is an all-time fave of mine. flawless album.

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    “free” is an all-time fave of mine. flawless album.
    Indeed! Their best album easily.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

"Free" comes close to the debut. The rest of their catalogue is good but not on par with these first two releases, imo... I still have not gotten around to listening to Chroma Key.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I've got the 2 disc version. Great PF cover.

For those that dig Moore's Chroma Key stuff, he's doing a Patreon to support a new CK album: https://www.patreon.com/chromakey?ty=h

Hasn't been much noise on that front in quite a while, but...I think you only pay as he puts out new bits so it doesn't bother me too much
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I thought Kevin Moore had retired from music to go to medical school? A new Chroma Key would be significant, at least in my world.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yeah, i think the first OSI is their best!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I thought Kevin Moore had retired from music to go to medical school? A new Chroma Key would be significant, at least in my world.
    Yeah, anything from Moore is welcome in Chez Batts
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Per Kevin's wiki page:

In September 2013, Fates Warning vocalist Ray Alder revealed in an interview that Moore returned to United States and studied to become a doctor. According to Alder, Moore was in his third year of medical school as of 2013.

But his FB page shows he's got demos for a new Chroma Key album.

I love this guy's stuff. To me, "Space-Dye Vest" is the best song DT ever recorded.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I have 3; the first, Blood and Fire Make Thunder. I don't enjoy the slower songs, but have made a nice comp of the high-energy toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Per Kevin's wiki page:

In September 2013, Fates Warning vocalist Ray Alder revealed in an interview that Moore returned to United States and studied to become a doctor. According to Alder, Moore was in his third year of medical school as of 2013.

But his FB page shows he's got demos for a new Chroma Key album.

I love this guy's stuff. To me, "Space-Dye Vest" is the best song DT ever recorded.
    Space-Dye Vest is too sad... too sad. Stopped listening to that one when a close friend of mine died