Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Apple

My Apple phone works fine - it's their terrible piece of software meant to facilitate EVERYTHING for said phone that's the problem.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Man people still transfer music to a phone how old school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by EdWiser View Post
    Man people still transfer music to a phone how old school

I live in a very rural area. Streaming is pretty unreliable. It also sounds like ass, even in the car. And the selection of music, for anyone whose taste is eclectic, is limited.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

iTunes consistently deletes random songs from my playlists when I sync. iPods & iPad are not a problem.....only when I sync the iPhone (6) do the playlists corrupt.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

A little while after Steve Jobs' death, the iTunes interface became less elegant and more cryptic...in addition to the aforementioned bloat, and other glitches.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I noticed that too. Without his vision overseeing the thing and strong arming the engineers into what he wanted it spun out of control. Now they're focused on the "cloud", like the other big tech companies. If I hit the wrong button on my iPhone I get that message urging me to join Apple Music, "the first three months are free!"

It's compelling that Jobs was a vinyl freak who never listened to digital music in his home.

I have to wonder what it is you guys are doing to have these issues with iTunes. I have been using iTunes and iPhones with my music since the beginning and the only issue I've ever had was occasional lost artwork and annoying upgrade changes...problems pretty easily fixed. Maybe I'm just lucky?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I live in a very rural area. Streaming is pretty unreliable. It also sounds like ass, even in the car. And the selection of music, for anyone whose taste is eclectic, is limited.
    Everything posted on this forum is available I find very little that is not. An I have really eclectic taste [emoji3]

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I noticed that too. Without his vision overseeing the thing and strong arming the engineers into what he wanted it spun out of control. Now they're focused on the "cloud", like the other big tech companies. If I hit the wrong button on my iPhone I get that message urging me to join Apple Music, "the first three months are free!"

It's compelling that Jobs was a vinyl freak who never listened to digital music in his home.
    There was also a fairly recent TV commercial showing Steve Wozniak listening to a vinyl record. I don't remember for what company or product however.

It was a Cadillac commercial. Woz was shown listening to vinyl, with a massive collection on a wall behind him. On the Hoffman forum the turntable was identified as a model costing $10,000 and someone of course said "well he should be able to afford much better than that. "

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I have to wonder what it is you guys are doing to have these issues with iTunes. I have been using iTunes and iPhones with my music since the beginning and the only issue I've ever had was occasional lost artwork and annoying upgrade changes...problems pretty easily fixed. Maybe I'm just lucky?
    The real Apple problem IMO is Apple Car play. I’m going to blame this on Apple, even though One could argue that it is the vehicle that is the problem. If there are integration problems with a vehicle, it should be on Apple. Problems:

1. Phone won’t connect unless car is started first, most of the time.

2. Sometimes Phone won’t connect at all until some indeterminate time of the car being turned off.

3. Audio skips, no matter what the source.

1. Power must be on in the car radio for this
    2. Bluetooth issue in the radio
    3 Bluetooth connection issue also can be due to cell connection issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    The real Apple problem IMO is Apple Car play. I’m going to blame this on Apple, even though One could argue that it is the vehicle that is the problem. If there are integration problems with a vehicle, it should be on Apple. Problems:

1. Phone won’t connect unless car is started first, most of the time.

2. Sometimes Phone won’t connect at all until some indeterminate time of the car being turned off.

3. Audio skips, no matter what the source.
    I don't use the Car Play function, but I do on occasion have to unplug and plug back in to use SYNC with my Ford truck. Sometimes turning the phone off and on too.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I had no idea wireless gear had gotten so smart. So much simpler and more reliable than plugging in a cable after all, innit?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    You know how back when mobile phones were newly ubiquitous they said it was dangerous to carry one around all the time or talk on one too much, then everyone was like nah, never mind? A while ago I heard something on NPR that it actually CAN be dangerous, and the phones do still come with warnings about it but most people ignore them. They had some important, knowledgable woman from the Department of Health or something talking about it.

So, I was just wondering, what does this mean for the Apple Watch? Is that dangerous to wear strapped to your wrist all day?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    You know how back when mobile phones were newly ubiquitous they said it was dangerous to carry one around all the time or talk on one too much, then everyone was like nah, never mind? A while ago I heard something on NPR that it actually CAN be dangerous, and the phones do still come with warnings about it but most people ignore them. They had some important, knowledgable woman from the Department of Health or something talking about it.

So, I was just wondering, what does this mean for the Apple Watch? Is that dangerous to wear strapped to your wrist all day?
    If there is any danger, which there doesn't appear to be, then it would be most dangerous held to the head and less dangerous strapped on the wrist. There's less in your lower arm to be damaged.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

There is only one model of the Apple Watch that uses a cell radio. It was just introduced last

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer...ar-phones.html

Above is the current view by the Cancer society.

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer...ar-phones.html

Above is the current view by the Cancer society.
    So, stop worrying. Or, rather, worry that you're not eating more fruit and vegetables and could do with some more exercise, all of which definitely make a difference.

Yes, you. Sitting there, reading ProgressiveEars.com. Go play some up-tempo prog and do some squats.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Here’s a recent Scientific American article that is a bit more pessimistic:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...n-with-cancer/

It’s not something I worry about a lot, though I do keep my phone in my front pants pocket a lot of the time, but spend very little time talking on it. I agree there’s much more to worry about!

A comment I've made to numerous people of our generation is: can you imagine a millennial watching Get Smart? "Who would want to keep a gigantic phone in their shoe, that doesn't take selfies, and doesn't do Snapchat or Instagram?"

Most Apple watches are paired to iPhones thru Bluetooth. As it is like using a Bluetooth ear piece.
    My daughter is an EMT an see uses hers during the shift so she doesn’t have to have her phone out.

Most Apple watches are paired to iPhones thru Bluetooth. As it is like using a Bluetooth ear piece.
    My daughter is an EMT an see uses hers during the shift so she doesn’t have to have her phone out.
    I didn’t know that - that’s crazy, you have to have both on you. No swimming with an Applewatch then, I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I didn’t know that - that’s crazy, you have to have both on you. No swimming with an Applewatch then, I guess!
    Why would you need to use an Apple Watch while swimming?

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    In case he needs to ask members of PE who Beyonce is. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I’m pretty sure people use them to track their exercise, like with FitBits. Maybe they store the data and later sync with an app on the iPhone.