Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Songs or albums with laughable titles

Songs or albums with laughable titles

I'll start off this 'Only 2 replies andsoon to be consigned to page 43' thread with:

Complaint Of The Wind, by Now, the Belgium prog band. Beat that! Essentially, Gas Attack!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Outer Limits (Japan) - "A Boy Playing the Magical Bugle Horn"

Social Tension (Japan) - "It Reminds Me Of Macbethia" (this one amuses me because it's a compilation of tracks from two albums, "It Reminds Me Of Those Days" and "Macbethia," so they mashed up both album titles into one title.)

I'm interpreting it as nonsense titles

VDGG - H to He Who Am The Only One
    Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink, The Player you Get

Canterbury excels at this:
    Mont Campbell - "Mwamburi Dies Manfully at the Hands of a Thousand Thracians" (and many others)
    Caravan - "If I Could Do It All Over Again (I'd Do It All Over You)"
    Gilgamesh - "Jamo and Other Boating Disaters - From The Holiday of the Same Name"
    Quiet Sun - "Mummy Was An Asteroid, Daddy Was A Small Nonstick Kitchen Utensil"
    ...this could go on a while.

Emerson Lake & Palmer - Love Beach
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Caravan- Cunning Stunts (try saying that real fast ten times in a row and see what happens. Apparently that was the whole point of choosing that title).

Jethro Tull- This was

I always thought it was funny that their first album shows the band dressed up as a bunch of old guys as if to imply it was their last album when in fact it was their debut. Kind of ironic. However, I always hoped their last album would be called "this is" with the band dressed up in diapers as babies. Unfortunately, that never happened.

I suppose Frank Zappa has several that would qualify such as Ship Arriving too late to save a drowning witch and others.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Jethro Tull- This was. I always thought it was funny that their first album shows the band dressed up as a bunch of old guys as if to imply it was their last album when in fact it was their debut. Kind of ironic. However, I always hoped their last album would be called "this is" with the band dressed up in diapers as babies. Unfortunately, that never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I suppose Frank Zappa has several that would qualify such as Ship Arriving too late to save a drowning witch and others.
    As far as I know, that album was named after a comic page used for its cover. And, it doesn't make sense unless you have that image to reference.

The thread title suggests something we can deride as a group for being unintentionally stupid sounding.
    Or are we just looking for silly album titles that make you giggle? If that's the case, I can add some.

The Earth, A Small Man, His Dog & A Chicken.

Not sure who did this but I've seen it mentioned many times over the years........You Broke My Heart So I Broke Your Jaw......or something similar. Hilarious.

Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

How's Your Bum For Cracking Walnuts? album by Missing Presumed Dead.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Not sure who did this but I've seen it mentioned many times over the years........You Broke My Heart So I Broke Your Jaw......or something similar. Hilarious.
    That was Spooky Tooth.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Tull- Dot.com

You Can Tune a Piano, but You Can't Tuna Fish.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Peter Frampton "I'm in You"
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

BTW, did Genesis ever explain why they didn't bother coming up with a title for the "shapes" album?

Pete Bardens - I Can't Remember What I Just Thought Of

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I'll start off this 'Only 2 replies andsoon to be consigned to page 43' thread with:

Complaint Of The Wind, by Now, the Belgium prog band. Beat that! Essentially, Gas Attack!
    Now is the most-laughable Belgian band (after Machiavel and Isopoda, IMHO)....

These guys were so bloody amateurs and might've found someone wh had at least one ounce of english language experience

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Peter Frampton "I'm in You"
    Betcha many teen girls didn't find that laughable at all back then.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Aksak Maboul - Onze Danses Pour Combattre La Migraine

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

I think I have that one. Alas after playing it once, it seems to be unplayable.

Funny that nobody's mentioned Kinky Friedman yet. We should at least mention "They Ain't Makin' Jews Like Jesus Anymore" or "Waitress Oh Waitress Come Sit on My Face."

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    BTW, did Genesis ever explain why they didn't bother coming up with a title for the "shapes" album?
    I always thought it was deliberate. "We've redefined the band and this is the statement of what we are now."

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Post Rock is always a good source

GYBE - She Dreamt She Was a Bulldozer, She Dreamt She Was Alone in an Empty Field

Silver Mt Zion - He Has Left Us Alone but Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corner of Our Rooms...
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.