Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leicester City Woo Woo!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    That Danish run through the UEFA tourney was wonderful, didn't they beat Germany?
    Yes both Holland and Germany in the last two games.

There was made a movie about it last year http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2378830/

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    It's also called the Premier League in the UK as well. Did you think it was called something else?
    I thought I saw someone call it something else earlier in this thread. What is the name of the lower level league that teams can get dropped to? Maybe I am getting the two of them mixed up.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    My friend from Worcester Mass thinks they spell their city name funny.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I thought I saw someone call it something else earlier in this thread. What is the name of the lower level league that teams can get dropped to? Maybe I am getting the two of them mixed up.
    Yea, someone americanized it, in line with MLS, NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB and used an abbreviation that no one in the UK uses, namely BPL (Barclays Premier League). The correct abbreviation that is used though is EPL (English Premier League)

The three divisions of the English Football League (EFL) below the EPL are:

Football League Championship (which is usually just called The Championship)
    Football League One
    Football League Two.

The whole Football League v Football Association rivalry is a huge story and best read on specific pages rather than me condensing it here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Football_League
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Football_Association

Nice - a footie thread! So happy for Leicester BTW.

Champions League final starts in 35 minutes - Fox in USA. Go Athletico!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    I started to REALLY get into BPL last year. Watch it every weekend now. Leicester's rise to the pinnacle of it's sport was nothing short of amazing. I'm hooked on soccer now which is quite surprising as I was NEVER a sports fan.

Congratulations to Leicester !!!
    Been watching BPL for three seasons now. I am majorly addicted to European football in a huge way, watch multiple matches each weekend too. My 9-year old son is a walking encyclopedia, and knows more players and stats than any person I know. I follow the Premier league the most, but I dig Serie A, Ligue one, La Liga, and The Bundesliga as well.

I am a huge Everton FC fan, but that is another story for another day

Life-long Leicester City Fan here (my user name reflects the fact that I was born and raised in Leicestershire, whose county coat of arms features a running fox). I'm still trying to take in the sheer implausibility of us winning the league, while simultaneously being bloody annoyed that the one season we DO get it together to win the league I can't see the sodding games!!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Life-long Leicester City Fan here (my user name reflects the fact that I was born and raised in Leicestershire, whose county coat of arms features a running fox). I'm still trying to take in the sheer implausibility of us winning the league, while simultaneously being bloody annoyed that the one season we DO get it together to win the league I can't see the sodding games!!
    There has to be a season highlight DVD and a shirt on your Christmas list
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Nice! NBCSN made a terrific 1-hour documentary called "The Leicester City Story". Worth watching for sure. Champions League - here they come!

So, Vardy renewed his contract, and hopefully Mahrez and Kante will stay too. I want this team to trouble the waters in the Champions' League!

Orcopian
    Leicester City is an amazing story that every football fan should take pleasure in. To put things in context in the UK, my local team Hereford United (as was) were in the same league as Leicester in 2009, we played them home and away on an equal footing. Fast forward to 2016 they are the premier league champions and we have just won a step 9 (i.e. 9 levels below) league through a combination of financial mis-management and poor performance. One day I hope we will play Leicester again an equal footing, but at the moment our story tells the disparity and issues outside of the premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by Levgan View Post
    So, Vardy renewed his contract, and hopefully Mahrez and Kante will stay too. I want this team to trouble the waters in the Champions' League!
    Same here. Gonna be a very interesting year for EPL too, especially with the Manchester teams. Mourinho is back, he's a prick but highly entertaining. United is going to be a different team, especially with Ibra up front. City with Guardiola too - Leicester gonna have a tougher year for sure. I support Everton and am so excited to have Martinez gone and Koeman in, should be a different beast altogether, especially in fitness levels and defending. Chelsea with Conte in too, there is another big change. Gonna be good!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Going to relaxing this season as Newcastle won't be torturing me on a weekly basis, need to find out where I can watch the Championship.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.