Thread: Music from the Hearts of Space NPR Radio Program

Music from the Hearts of Space NPR Radio Program

Does anyone else here listen or subscribe? The shows can be hit or miss sometimes. I love when they are all slow electronic ambient or mellow acoustic. I tend to favor western hemisphere artists though. Most World music does not appeal to me at all.
    That said, I have discovered some very good artists from this program.
    Anyone else?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I used to listen to it - does it still exist? I always liked that it was the work of some old San Franciso freaks who got into New Age, or something. That and NPR's New Sounds were as soothing as a bong hit and some Celestial Seasonings herbal tea.

I'm pretty sure it's still on NPR network as well as the website www.hos.com
    There are several streaming subscriptions available.

I used to when I could get them over my FM radio. Back in the cassette days I used to record them and still have many of those broadcast. I bought many of the albums from some of their shows. I can't get their broadcast now so I tend to go here: https://somafm.com/silent/songhistory.html

Somafm has many other channels that are in that electronic range, so if one doesn't strike you try another one. I tend to like the one of early electronics called Earwaves.

I listen to it. Sundays after 10:00 PM. It is usually very interesting to hear.