Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Recent Jon Anderson: Yes has tribute band feel, ARW will reignite Yes - more

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    The Fox Theater website is selling tickets.
    Link? I don't see it.

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Link? I don't see it.
    http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...ller=&appCode=
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

Quote Originally Posted by floyd umma gumma View Post
    My biggest question is Anderson's voice. I've heard a few recordings where he sounds as good as ever (for example the live version of Awaken he did in Iceland a couple of years ago. But that particular recording sounds so good I wonder if it was enhanced or fixed somehow.) To my ears, on the APB material he sounds like he does not have much left in the pipes. I have heard other fans say he sounds great, sounds as good as ever, but when I hear the ABP material he sounds like he does not have much of a voice left. So perhaps they can work around that in the studio, but how will they do it live? I expect Trevor will do a lot of singing. If they are wise they will have a bass player and a drummer who sing for the gigs to help beef up the vocals.
    Do we have any evidence that Trevor Rabin still can sing? It has been over 20 years since has has sang live.

Btw. I thought that Anderson sounded fine on APB album.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Just ordered my tickets!
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

Quote Originally Posted by Kcrimso View Post
    Do we have any evidence that Trevor Rabin still can sing? It has been over 20 years since has has sang live.
    He sang with Yes on "Owner" in L.A. in 2011. He was also in the process of making a solo album with vocals so a good guess is that he can sing well.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd umma gumma View Post
    I think this ARW record could be great - because it seems to me that Trevor Rabin is very ambitious but disciplined, and would not put something out unless he thought it was really solid. And he can still play as well as he ever did. Also I think Wakeman can still play very well and if Wakeman plays on it it sounds like Yes. I think Rabin and Wakeman have their chops intact more than some other Yes members. My biggest question is Anderson's voice. I've heard a few recordings where he sounds as good as ever (for example the live version of Awaken he did in Iceland a couple of years ago. But that particular recording sounds so good I wonder if it was enhanced or fixed somehow.) To my ears, on the APB material he sounds like he does not have much left in the pipes. I have heard other fans say he sounds great, sounds as good as ever, but when I hear the ABP material he sounds like he does not have much of a voice left. So perhaps they can work around that in the studio, but how will they do it live? I expect Trevor will do a lot of singing. If they are wise they will have a bass player and a drummer who sing for the gigs to help beef up the vocals. But even strong back up vocals can't cover up a lead singer with vocal issues. Thoughts?
    I'm excited for this mostly because I've wanted to hear a Rabin/Wakeman collaboration for a long time now. I hope Wakeman still has it. Anderson is like the icing on the cake - I just hope it's not too sweet...or something like that. Anyway, he's not the main reason that I'm excited, but I hope his performance works, and I'm just happy that he's finally completing some projects.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    He sang with Yes on "Owner" in L.A. in 2011. He was also in the process of making a solo album with vocals so a good guess is that he can sing well.
    Ok. Hopefully. I have never really liked Rabin's voice but together with Anderson it sometimes works very nicely.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

I always liked the sound of Anderson, Squire, and Rabin singing together. Their voices blend so well together. Rabin's significantly wider range than Howe also allows for some interesting vocal arrangements, too.
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

It is good to see Anderson completing projects for a change. It will be interesting to hear how his vocals are, as I've not really heard anything in the past few years (never have heard the Anderson Ponty). I'm very interested in both projects though, as I have always been a Stolt fan, and based on Jacaranda alone I think ARW could be the best Yes related project ever. Wakeman is always spot on as well, so I'm thinking that project could be something special.

The only thing I wonder is about is how much they will lean on Yes material. I guess if they only have a single album, probably a lot, but I would hope they would feature a good chunk of new material (unlike Yes, who seem to play a song or two at most amongst all the 70's material.

Quote Originally Posted by infandous View Post
    It will be interesting to hear how his vocals are, as I've not really heard anything in the past few years (never have heard the Anderson Ponty).
    Last week:

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Last week:

Sounds pretty decent.

I'm psyched about ARW!

(Rabin will pro tools the concert as he sees fit nah, Anderson is great here)