Thread: Alec Baldwin quotes ELP in new Sci-Fi Movie

Alec Baldwin quotes ELP in new Sci-Fi Movie

He say's the line at about 52 seconds.

Hunger Games rip off much?

But at least it's nice to know ELP contributed at least one iconic lyric to mankind.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Well, more accurately, a writer quoted ELP in the script he wrote, and Alec Baldwin spoke the words, and he is unfortunately a world-class douchebag. Google his phone messages to his daughter. Calling her a "thoughtless little pig" is the one that sticks in my mind.
    Sorry, gotta call out famous people who are assholes when I have the chance. Start a Gwyneth Paltrow thread.

Ha ha. I knew that would be the line. I mean did anyone think he would say "somebody get me a ladder."
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    Well, more accurately, a writer quoted ELP in the script he wrote, and Alec Baldwin spoke the words, and he is unfortunately a world-class douchebag. Google his phone messages to his daughter. Calling her a "thoughtless little pig" is the one that sticks in my mind.
    Sorry, gotta call out famous people who are assholes when I have the chance. Start a Gwyneth Paltrow thread.
    Well, maybe she is a thoughtless little pig. Have you met his daughter?
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Oh man....is there an emoticon for an ice cube? I know you're joking but that's some cold shit. Check her for a drug/alcohol problem in a couple years.

Well, more accurately, a writer quoted ELP in the script he wrote

Yes, but if I had written "Francesco Cinquemani" would anyone know who he was?

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Ha ha. I knew that would be the line. I mean did anyone think he would say "somebody get me a ladder."

Of course, that is the odds on favorite. But, there are other possibilities.

"When you're running with the devil it's touch and go."
    "No computer stands in my way."
    "Are you ready, Eddie?"

(for example)

Oh man....is there an emoticon for an ice cube? I know you're joking but that's some cold shit. Check her for a drug/alcohol problem in a couple years.
    Well, to be fair to Alex you were quoting him out of context. Yes, it was an insensitive thing for him to say but sometimes people say mean things when they are angry especially to family. You hurt the ones you love(as they say). Not that it should be that way mind you but we only hear about these things because they are public figures.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Scherze View Post

Yes, but if I had written "Francesco Cinquemani" would anyone know who he was?
    Maybe not, but you could have titled the thread "ELP quoted in new Sci-Fi Movie".

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Well, to be fair to Alex you were quoting him out of context. Yes, it was an insensitive thing for him to say but sometimes people say mean things when they are angry especially to family. You hurt the ones you love(as they say). Not that it should be that way mind you but we only hear about these things because they are public figures.
    That is a weak, bullshit response. Out of context? Are you high? No father should say anything that cruel and insensitive to his 12 year old daughter, no matter how angry he might be about anything. You wanna talk this kind of shit, I would tell you about my wife's childhood, and the kind of psychological shape she is in now, because of this type of parental mental cruelty she endured. She deals with it every day, and I have to also.

Duncan, Sean, close this thread, please.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ Why don't you guys just drop the subject of that family's personal life? I doubt any of you know that much about it.

I doubt you know anything about psychological childhood abuse, so why did you stick your nose in, in the first place, if you had nothing insightful to add?
    And unfortunately I have had to listen to Baldwin's phone messages, to gain an insight into the type of abuse my wife endured as a child. So don't get all doubting Thomas on me and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I have had to do an unfortunate amount of research on this topic which you don't have the capacity to understand. Freak and and think out all you want, there is bad reality out there for many of us.

I truly hope your life is a lot more fun than mine and my family's. May your cavalier attitude never bite you in the ass. Bye.

Close, please.

The eons are closing
    I doubt you know anything about psychological childhood abuse, so why did you stick your nose in, in the first place, if you had nothing insightful to add?
    And unfortunately I have had to listen to Baldwin's phone messages, to gain an insight into the type of abuse my wife endured as a child. So don't get all doubting Thomas on me and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I have had to do an unfortunate amount of research on this topic which you don't have the capacity to understand. Freak and and think out all you want, there is bad reality out there for many of us.

I truly hope your life is a lot more fun than mine and my family's. May your cavalier attitude never bite you in the ass. Bye.

Close, please.
    Whatever your actual experiences are, I do not know.

But own your mistake.

You brought up Baldwin and asked an open forum to Google him out of context of the threads subject. You changed the tone.

If you are not prepared to have a difficult internet conversation that googling would cause, you shouldn't open the gates.

Sent from my OnePlus One awaiting a LuneOS port
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit