Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trevor Horn rejoining Yes for two shows

Trevor Horn rejoining Yes for two shows

TREVOR HORN to guest LIVE with YES - 2 UK SHOWS ONLY

Oxford New Theatre 9 May & Royal Albert Hall London 10 May

Tickets here: http://yesworld.com/

Trevor Horn (Official) has confirmed he will delight fans with a rare guest appearance during the band’s London show at Royal Albert Hall on 10th May. Trevor will also join Yes (official) on stage in Oxford New Theatre on the 9th; this will be the first opportunity to see YES live with Trevor since the original Drama tour 36 years ago.

The announcement was made after Horn joined YES for a rehearsal session at Rockfield Studios in Monmouth last week; Robert Plant, who was also working in another studio at Rockfield also popped in to say hello to the guys.
    The extensive UK and European tour sees YES performing 1980’s prog landmark album ‘Drama’ (1980) in its entirety for the very first time, together with ‘Fragile’ (1971) and other seminal hits from their catalogue.
    ‘Drama’, YES’s only album to feature Horn as lead vocalist, marked a change of direction for their sound and was widely acclaimed by critics, reaching number 2 in the UK charts. The band disbanded after the tour, with Trevor venturing into production. Trevor Horn went onto produce YES’s next album, 90125.

"Most of the songs haven’t been performed in some 30 years," said guitarist Steve Howe. “Reliving those years will be very emotional,” added drummer Alan White – “I know Chris would have loved to be here with us for this”.
    YES was founded by Chris Squire and Jon Anderson in 1968. Characterised by a prog symphonic style of rock music, lengthy compositions and the use of mystical and cosmic lyrics, the band went on to record 21 albums and win several prestigious awards including Grammys, The band is recognized as one of the most influential icons in prog rock.

Still as relevant today as in the 70s, YES has maintained a loyal following while constantly attracting new crowds of music fans throughout 47 years of its outstanding career.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Going to see them in Glasgow tomorrow...would have been nice to have Trevor along for that.

As it's the first show of the tour, I'm kind of expecting it to be a bit shambolic

Sure wish Trevor would tag along on the US tour!!! Give the Drama material even more legitimacy.
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    Sure wish Trevor would tag along on the US tour!!! Give the Drama material even more legitimacy.
    He is traveling in the U.S.... with ARW. Those nights, it will be the legendary WART band.

Still as relevant today as in the 70s, YES has maintained a loyal following while constantly attracting new crowds of music fans throughout 47 years of its outstanding career.
    OK, I'm as much a Yes fanboy as the next PE member, but the PR bullshit is strong with this one. Although I guess they wouldn't want to end with...

A bunch of over the hill relics from prog's glory days, YES has maintained...
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    OK, I'm as much a Yes fanboy as the next PE member, but the PR bullshit is strong with this one. Although I guess they wouldn't want to end with...

Yeah, that was hard to stomach. I guess it would depend on what your definition of "relevant" is, but I can't think of one that would make this statement true. Still love them, but come on, very few bands would be as relevant today as in the 70's and sadly Yes is not one of them.

Is Horn going to guest on the entire performance of Drama? Will they be capturing this for possible DVD/BR release?

(I hope so)
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

Interesting news.

Geoff Downes tweeted that pic earlier in the week. I was hoping that it was a tease for an upcoming announcement that Horn would be producing them again.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Interesting news.

Geoff Downes tweeted that pic earlier in the week. I was hoping that it was a tease for an upcoming announcement that Horn would be producing them again.

I'm sure he will. This is Horn's "before being kidnapped" photo.

He looks like he dropped a lot of weight since the FFH sessions. Good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    He looks like he dropped a lot of weight since the FFH sessions. Good on him.
    Yeah, but the way his arm is around Geoff and that they're in the middle... it could be captioned "The Buggles with their back up band".
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

^

Steve Howe hasn't put his arm around any band member since 1973, and he isn't about to start with this pic.

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    Steve Howe hasn't put his arm around any band member since 1973, and he isn't about to start with this pic.
    I dunno, are we sure he isn't twisting Trevor's arm behind his back in this pic?
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

MEH, enough DRAMA in the YES camp lately. For me the only way the group could really ever be YES again would be if Jon, Rick and Bruford came back.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    MEH, enough DRAMA in the YES camp lately. For me the only way the group could really ever be YES again would be if Jon, Rick and Bruford came back.
    And Chris, don't forget Chris...

Quote Originally Posted by insidious meme View Post
    And Chris, don't forget Chris...
    Ha ha, of course Chris is hard to replace, but with at least Jon and Rick back it would almost be the classic line-up again, and the group would be YES again. I only see them as a tribute band now. And please don't compare what Steve Hackett has done with the old Genesis material, because he doesn't call his act Genesis. Now if the current YES group called themselves something else, I'd have a lot more respect for them. There is always a time to bow out gracefully, and I am saddened that this once great, fantastic prog band is ending up the way they are now, IMO a embarrassing shadow of their former selves.

... and you still clicked into the thread? yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh ok.
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

Ha ha, of course Chris is hard to replace, but with at least Jon and Rick back it would almost be the classic line-up again, and the group would be YES again. I only see them as a tribute band now. And please don't compare what Steve Hackett has done with the old Genesis material, because he doesn't call his act Genesis. Now if the current YES group called themselves something else, I'd have a lot more respect for them. There is always a time to bow out gracefully, and I am saddened that this once great, fantastic prog band is ending up the way they are now, IMO a embarrassing shadow of their former selves.
    I agree 100%---it's a real clusterfuck as far as I'm concerned----Besides Hackett not calling it Genesis---he has an amazing powerful band--some of the best players around on keys, bass, drums --great singers---Howe aside these are not the best and it would matter if JA and Rick or even Patrick would be in the band .I can not think of any other major band let alone top level prog band that has come to this.The time for bowing out was a while ago. And you are right about DRAMA--too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2steves View Post
    I agree 100%---it's a real clusterfuck as far as I'm concerned----Besides Hackett not calling it Genesis---he has an amazing powerful band--some of the best players around on keys, bass, drums --great singers---Howe aside these are not the best and it would matter if JA and Rick or even Patrick would be in the band .I can not think of any other major band let alone top level prog band that has come to this.The time for bowing out was a while ago. And you are right about DRAMA--too.
    Thanks for seeing it my way. I'm 61 and saw YES many times in the 70's, and I believe many younger prog fans don't understand how truly great they were live in concert. If they saw how great and powerful they once were, and then now, they'd get it. Compared to the glory days, they are now pathetic. You certainly cannot say that about Hackett and the current line-up of King Crimson. I'm sorry to say this really, but even Keith Emerson could not bear the reality that his glory days were over, but I truly wished he didn't bow out the way he did. The fans would have understood and respected this master's decision to quit. I wish YES would wake up and call it a day. Thank God I did experience their heyday.
    Last edited by AncientChord; 04-27-2016 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    Is Horn going to guest on the entire performance of Drama? Will they be capturing this for possible DVD/BR release?

(I hope so)
    No word about a recording, so I presume nothing's planned. But don't know.

What is Horn going to actually do is the big question now. All of Drama? Including the bass on "Run Through the Light"?! Or just one song at the end? No idea.

Ha ha, of course Chris is hard to replace, but with at least Jon and Rick back it would almost be the classic line-up again, and the group would be YES again. I only see them as a tribute band now. And please don't compare what Steve Hackett has done with the old Genesis material, because he doesn't call his act Genesis. Now if the current YES group called themselves something else, I'd have a lot more respect for them.
    'Tis but thy name that is my enemy.
    Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
    What’s Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
    What’s in a name? That which we call a rose
    By any other word would smell as sweet.
    So Romeo would, were he not Romeo called,
    Retain that dear perfection which he owes
    Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
    And for that name, which is no part of thee
    Take all myself.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

I'm sorry to say this really, but even Keith Emerson could not bear the reality that his glory days were over, but I truly wished he didn't bow out the way he did. The fans would have understood and respected this master's decision to quit. I wish YES would wake up and call it a day. Thank God I did experience their heyday.
    This might be the single worst thing I've heard uttered on this board.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    This might be the single worst thing I've heard uttered on this board.
    And that's saying a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by dmh84 View Post
    And that's saying a lot!
    Are you guys throwing down the gauntlet to see if anyone can top it?

No, I'm not.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Don't people say Yes should throw in the towel quite often? How is that ^^^ one different?