Thread: Esoteric Feb/March and new albums --- plus our first podcast now up

Esoteric Feb/March and new albums --- plus our first podcast now up

Hi guys

Happy new Year to you all

been so manic kicking off the new year and catching up -- I dont think Ive actually been on the site in the last week--lots of catching up on here to do!! .

First if I can just announce our new podcasts which will be a very regular feature on our website. www.esotericrecordings.com . The podcast is the first item on the news page and this one features a lot of our new releases last year plus the Lifesigns release (due in 2 weeks) come and have a listen with us, you may find someone you really like that you missed out on.

A lot of new studio albums coming up too with more in April and May.

Januarys titles I believe are now all in and will start shipping very shortly. These are

Barclay James Harvest-Turn of the Tide
    Barclay james HArvest-Eyes of the Universe
    Keith Tippett-Dedicated to You but you weren't listening
    Keith Tippett -. You are here, I am There
    Lifesigns--Lifesigns (new studio album with John Young, Nick Beggs and Frosty Beedle plus guests including Steve Hackett, Thys Van Leer , Jakko Jakszyk and Robin Boult)
    The Gods-To Samuel A Son
    The Gods-Genesis (2 Cd expanded)
    spriguns-Revel, Weird and Wild
    Spriguns-Time will pass

February
    Greg Lake-Songs of a Lifetime (excellent new live album from recent tour-contains chat and music and is programmable)
    Climax Blues Band-Plays On
    Climax Blues Band-A lot of Bottle
    Climax Chicago Blues Band --s/t
    (the Climax Blues Band albums have signifcant amounts of bonus material)
    FM-Direct to Disc
    FM-Black Noise
    Wigwam-Tombstone-Valentine
    Chicken Shack-Goodbye
    Chicken Shack-Unlucky Boy

Details of all the above can all be found on the website www.esotericrecordings.com and are already on pre-sell

March
    Sanguine Hum-Weight of the World--new studio album following on from the terrific Diving Bell--- , 2 disc and single Cd version, 2 disc version has the behind the scenes making of the album.

Oliver Wakeman and Gordon Giltrap---Ravens and Lullabies --new studio album ----2 CD and single Cd version. 2CD will be digipack, signed and have unreleased tracks and live versions,

Soft Machine Legacy--Burden of Proof--new studio album with John Etheridge, John Marshall, Theo Travis and Roy Babbington

Pavlovs Dog--Pampered Menial

Pavlovs Dog-At the sound of the Bell

FM-City of Fear

FM-Surveillance

These titles will be on the website and on pre-sell in the next 10 days or so.

Cheers

Vicky

It also can be downloaded--added the MP3 today for those who may like to listen on ipod etc

The FM stuff will be on my wishlist. I just bought Tombstone Valentine on Love, so I guess I'm not interested in another version. Today I received an older Esoteric re-issue: Made In Sweden - Made in England. Nice album, good booklet, alas no information on the additional musicians on Chicago, mon amour.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    The FM stuff will be on my wishlist. I just bought Tombstone Valentine on Love, so I guess I'm not interested in another version. Today I received an older Esoteric re-issue: Made In Sweden - Made in England. Nice album, good booklet, alas no information on the additional musicians on Chicago, mon amour.
    I have some vinyl ripped MP3s of another Made In Sweden album that's from later on in the 1970s... It's really good, and from what I recall more jazz/rock/fusion than this album (I have the Esoteric release of this one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Harbottle View Post
    I have some vinyl ripped MP3s of another Made In Sweden album that's from later on in the 1970s... It's really good, and from what I recall more jazz/rock/fusion than this album (I have the Esoteric release of this one.)
    Is that Where do we begin?

That one I have. It is basicly the same group that played on the album Pekka Pohjola did with Mike and Sally Oldfield, exept the Made In Sweden album has a singer percussionist.