Thread: Comedy of Errors - Spirit. Available now

Comedy of Errors - Spirit. Available now

Nineteen-73 are very proud to add Scottish symphonic rock masters Comedy of Errors to our growing roster of artists.

Creating music that draws from a wide range of influences from classical to rock, the band pack a lot into their songs aiming to take the listener on a thought-provoking and powerful musical journey.

After a long absence from the scene, Comedy of Errors re-formed in 2010 and have been busy increasing their profile, gigging in the UK and Europe including rapturously-received appearances at the Summers End and Cambridge Rock Festivals. The band will play their most prestigious gig yet on May 8 2016, with an appearance at the legendary Rosfest festival in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.

The band have also released 3 albums, their first album effectively being Disobey (2011) followed by Fanfare and Fantasy (2013) and now Spirit.

Spirit is the band's most musically ambitious album so far, representing a major step forward in the band's development dealing with themes of grief, loss and ultimately, hope. The cornerstone of the album is a 45 minute unbroken piece taking the form of an emotional journey at once personal and universal, despairing and uplifting. Using many choral and orchestral textures, plus elements of Prog Metal, the album evokes the grand tradition of Yes, Renaissance and even Dream Theater.

Based near Glasgow, Scotland, Comedy of Errors are Joe Cairney (Vocals), John Fitzgerald (Bass), Bruce Levick (Drums), Jim Johnston (Keyboards), Sam McCulloch (Guitar) and Mark Spalding (Guitar).

Listen to clips and buy all three albums from: www.comedyoferrors.org

Reviewers and radio stations - please contact Stephen Lambe at Nineteen-73 Artist Promotions via stephen@ninteen-73.co.uk for further details.
    Twitter: @1973promo
    Last edited by Lambsie; 04-25-2016 at 10:45 AM.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I picked up a signed copy at Mellodisc in Montreal last month where owner Sam is a fan. Great stuff. My kind of smart neo. What would be recommended for catalog choices?

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    I picked up a signed copy at Mellodisc in Montreal last month where owner Sam is a fan. Great stuff. My kind of smart neo. What would be recommended for catalog choices?
    Well they really only have two others for you to choose from (Disobey and Fanfare & Fantasy), and both are excellent IMO. I'd recommend either/both.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I read they were active in the '80s. Is there no recorded output from that era?

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    I read they were active in the '80s. Is there no recorded output from that era?
    They had one release in the 80s that is long out of print and very expensive to track down. Part of it was re-recorded for the Disobey album.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Thanks, I think I 'll be adding these to my want list.

Orcopian
    I have a vinyl mini-album (5 tracks approx 30 mins I think) they released from the 80's which I bought direct from the band. I played it a lot at the time and really enjoyed it. It included a version of student prince that was re-recorded on disobey. I believe the mini album was recorded at pallas's studio. They also released a cassette Album not long after which I have but can't remember much about. I also have a compilation cd called la mosaique on a French label that included a version of student prince. I don't think it was an official release possibly the version of student prince was a needle drop.

I have had spirit for a while, following the advice to listen to it as one long track I have only managed to listen to it a couple of times, I really liked it though so will have to find time to listen again.

I would recommend all of the recent cd's they are all excellent and consistently high quality. The band were great live when I saw them at summersend a few years back.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Didn't Spirit come out last year?

It did - I'm just giving it a bit of a boost now..

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambsie View Post
    It did - I'm just giving it a bit of a boost now..
    Got it - well deserved!