Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: GAME OF THRONES: Season 7 Discussion

^^^
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Too bad! I had a killer ending: after Dany dies in the final battle destroying the Ice Dragon and the remnants of the dead army and White Walkers, We see Jon Targaryan take his rifghtful throne. He has wiped out the Lannister power forever ironically with the help of Tyrion and Jamie. The queen's chair beside him is sadly empty until out of nowhere the zombie Ygritte calmly walks up and takes her seat. Jon just sits there staring at her dumbfounded until finally Ygritte giggles in a death-rattle voice
    "Do that thing with your tongue, Jon Snow!" And he does.

Fade out to Rains of Castermere...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post

OK. You win damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    OK. You win damn it!
    But just before the credits finish rolling, there's a quick easter egg:

"Hodor!"

OMG! John Snow and Ygritte are engaged! I'm so excited...

Apparently he really does know how to do that thing with his tongue
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Apparently he really does know how to do that thing with his tongue
    I can't believe he's no longer available!

He’ll be bending the knee on a regular basis now.

https://m.eonline.com/news/946573/ga...ie-are-married

Banned
    Nice! True love off and on the screen.

Yep, it's a sweet story.

I'm still pissed at GRRM for releasing a bullshit "history" book this year but sources say we'll see the next one before the next HBO season. And it will likely contradict a good deal of the past season of the series.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

It’s a bit crazy how long the wait for season 8 is. I’d forgotten when it would air and just looked - some time next year!

A question for those who read the books: did Martin lower the level of sex in the books the same way they did in the series? IMO it was a wise move for the series, just wondering if Martin adjusted that at all.

The series actually had more sex than the books (not that the books were shy about it). It did go down in the books because certain characters who were quite sexually active just got into situations where getting laid was no longer feasible or drove the plot. Oh, and the series did screw viewers out of Cersei experimenting with ladies, which happens in book four.

The series actually had more sex than the books (not that the books were shy about it). It did go down in the books because certain characters who were quite sexually active just got into situations where getting laid was no longer feasible or drove the plot. Oh, and the series did screw viewers out of Cersei experimenting with ladies, which happens in book four.
    The series has screwed viewers out of a lot.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Oh, and the series did screw viewers out of Cersei experimenting with ladies, which happens in book four.
    Hang on, I'll be back in a couple of minutes...

There was also that scene in the books where The Mountain and The Hound get it on.

There was also that scene in the books where The Mountain and The Hound get it on.
    LOL, thanks for that image.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Been re-watching the entire series over the last couple of weeks, even though I am behind on other series. But I can't help it, this is such a huge world with so many characters... even after seeing it all multiple times and reading all the books, I still pick up on little things here and there seeing it all again. Currently at the midway point of season 3, and I had forgotten just how excellent that season is. Jaime's hand getting lopped off, Daenerys getting her army of Unsullied, Ramsay and Theon... wow.

And some of my favourite characters have fantastic scenes/storylines in this season: The Hound, Margaery Tyrell, Bronn, and Tywin Lannister... it's a lot of fun to go back to when Cersei was not in power and still had to answer to somebody.

Speaking of Bronn and Cersei, we all (?) know that they refuse to work together due to their personal history, but in episode one of season three, they actually do appear in the same scene! It was the first time I've ever noticed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Speaking of Bronn and Cersei, we all (?) know that they refuse to work together due to their personal history, but in episode one of season three, they actually do appear in the same scene! It was the first time I've ever noticed it.
    I didn't know about this - will have to look it up. I thought you meant the characters, but I guess you mean the actors?

I didn't know that but I searched Google and there's a few stories about it

http://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/ce...hrones-2132497

Wow, that must have been a nasty breakup

I didn't know about this - will have to look it up. I thought you meant the characters, but I guess you mean the actors?
    Yes. This is why Bronn takes his leave just before Cersei comes out for the meeting with Jon and Daenerys in season 7. I listened to the actor's commentary and when Bronn says to Podrick as they leave, "Why don't you and I go have a drink while the fancy folk talk", Lena Headey says in the commentary "Yeah, good idea."

Wow, that must have been a nasty breakup
    Yeah, for them to refuse to work together, on a show of this magnitude... one wonders what could have been so bad for them to still be that bitter. This is why I took such notice when I saw they had, in fact, shared a scene together (briefly) in season 3:

... skip to about 4:10.