Thread: Terra Incognita Prog Festival in Quebec City -next month !

Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada; Montreal, Quebec, Canada; Coburn Gore, Maine, USA

Terra Incognita Prog Festival in Quebec City -next month !

May 20-21-22 -Quebec City- Canada

RPWL from Germany

UNREAL CITY from Italy

SYLVAN from Germany

ABEL GANZ from UK

KINETIC ELEMENT from USA

INNER ODYSSEY from Quebec

complete info here

I need a favour from someone who is attending this festival. If you can pick up a particular CD for me from a merch table there, I'd be forever grateful, please PM me if you can help out, thanks!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

See you there Pierre.

I'm going. It will be my first time. Really looking forward to it.

We'll be there again and always look forward to it. 4th I think? Or 5th. Lost count. These are such great weekends and Michel is a wonderful host.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

It was truly a remarkable weekend. It was my first Terra Incognita. Yes, there is some serious travel arrangements but it is all doable. RPWL was at the top of my bucket list. For one reason or another, I had never seen them. So when they announced that RPWL would headline 2 nights, it was a no brainer for me. Friday they did "The Man And The Journey", Pink Floyd's 1969 concert. It was stellar. You could have heard a pin drop, people were so caught up in it. Their 2nd night was all RPWL and once again, they did not disappoint. Very nice set list. And they were so approachable at the host hotel. Sylvan was the other headliner. I had already seen them twice and they never disappoint. What incredible vocals. Abel Ganz won me over. I saw them at Rosfest last year and enjoyed their show. But this year they really seemed to be on all 8 cylinders. A few of us (Mark and Rayna from Chicago) skipped Inner Odyssey to go the the Old City. It was a gorgeous afternoon and simply too nice to be inside. If you have never seen the Old City, words can not describe how beautiful it is. Unreal City was high octane prog from Italy. Very entertaining. Kinetic Element were enjoyable, definitely more mellow, which was just fine with me. The hospitality was second to none. Michel and his crew were so appreciative of all of us that went up from The States. I would definitely go again if the headliners were up my alley.

Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada; Montreal, Quebec, Canada; Coburn Gore, Maine, USA
    Glad you liked it. Unreal City were stellar. The Man and the Journey, the 1969 Pink Floyd's show, was very surprising... after all many of us have been overfed with Pink Floyd... but those tracks are not that often heard in a live setting... I never thought I would like it so much.

Another great Terra hosted by the nicest man in the world, Michel Bilodeau.
    RPWL's Floyd set was stunning to say the least. The old Floyd material is a favorite of mine and it was loaded with pre-70s material. Breathtaking. The regular RPWL set was awesome as well. Abel Ganz was better than at ROSfest I thought, but their material is too repetitious for my taste. Inner Odyssey was outstanding. A young Quebec band that kicked ass. Kinetic Elements were quite good, but they need a better flow between songs for a more professional presentation. Different singer than ROSfest. Anton Roolaart and Rave Tesar (Renaissance pianist) opened Sunday with Anton's material and did a very nice, but short set. The keys really augmented the acoustic set. Unreal City blew the roof off. They were killer and got standing ovations every song. Great young Italian band. Sylvan was good but the vocals grate on me after a while. We simply ran out of gas by the end of Sunday.
    If you plan it right, there is plenty of time to visit the old city and not miss any bands. It's so cool and a must. We were there both Saturday and Sunday before the bands. The weather was perfect, the people are wonderful. It's my favorite Canadian city, although sometimes a little difficult not speaking French.
    I hope to never miss a Terra Incognita in the future. Got a 4 year streak going. It's pricey, but well worth it.
    Thank you again Michel.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

RPWL playing Pink Floyd was the highlight of the festival. Yogi and the boys were great. Playing their own material was my second favorite set. Unreal City was enthusiastic and well versed. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Abel Ganz, the triple guitar sound at times was fluid. Inner Odyssey's highlight was their cover of a Riverside tune.

This was my second Terra Incognita festival and hopefully I will make a few more.