Thread: Question about selling books

Question about selling books

I use Discogs to sell CDs. There is no charge to list my items. They make money when I sell something. Is there a comparable site for selling books? In other words. no listing fee and the items stay there until they are sold.

Bob

Amazon works that way. They take a pretty good sized bite when the item sells, though.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

I've been selling books since 1998. You can use Alibris and Biblio with free accounts, and put anything in your listings, as opposed to Amazon, which if you find a rare or odd item that doesn't have a pre-existing Amazon listing, you cannot list it without a Merchant account. Also, you need to use the free Homebase software with Alibris and Biblio. Ebay is good for books also.

But how do you get a free account in Alibris? It says there is a $19.99 annual fee.

There's a site called bookscouter that you can try.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by regenerativemusic View Post
    I've been selling books since 1998. You can use Alibris and Biblio with free accounts, and put anything in your listings, as opposed to Amazon, which if you find a rare or odd item that doesn't have a pre-existing Amazon listing, you cannot list it without a Merchant account. Also, you need to use the free Homebase software with Alibris and Biblio. Ebay is good for books also.
    How about Abebooks?

I don't make money from this. Just sharing. http://sourcersapprenticebook.com/

Here in Ireland I've used ebid and Adverts.ie personally if I've got books, music and other things for sale. Obviously ebay and amazon are always going to be popular ones. One that I've heard of recently is Oodle Marketplace, my mate uses that one but I haven't tried it personally. If I'm after new or old books to buy then I use for-sale.ie as they amalgamate all these different sites together so you can find what you are looking for more easily. That obviously helps when you're trying to sell stuff as you're product is accessible to more people.
    Last edited by soundsound; 04-28-2016 at 12:42 AM.

So no hope selling my old Hardy Boys books?

Bob