Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fringe-Debut Album (D'Virgilio, Reingold, McStine)

The Fringe-Debut Album (D'Virgilio, Reingold, McStine)

Although it is likely that many of your current thoughts and playlists are dominated by The Purple One, I'm just going to drop this off here for whenever you feel like getting around to it. Our debut album is coming soon…

EDIT: Here is the full track we released today, if you don't feel like scrolling.

Last edited by Lo-Fi Resistance; 04-29-2016 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Update

Not much of a teaser, but I'm in.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Thanks for the reminder - what's the release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Not much of a teaser, but I'm in.
    There will be more.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Thanks for the reminder - what's the release date?
    It will start shipping from Reingold Records in June.

Any copies available at RoSfest?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post

I sure hope so...along with more copies of the Lo-Fi Resistance disks that sold out last year.

You should at least have some advance copies available for purchase at Rosfest for Lo-Fi Res supporters, Randy!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'm intrigued.

We will have copies exclusively at our merch table at Rosfest on the day of our set.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kenschwartz View Post
    I sure hope so...along with more copies of the Lo-Fi Resistance disks that sold out last year.
    I'll have some copies of the somewhat-maligned last record I did, The Age Of Entitlement. A Deep Breath has been out of print for a while now, and I might have a handful of "budget package" versions of Chalk Lines.

CD only or download as well?
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

I would love to purchase some downloads.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    CD only or download as well?
    It will be CD for a little while.

One more teaser, and a full song goes up tomorrow.

Old man of prog
    Wow can't wait. How about offering a Hi Rez download on Bandcamp simultaneous with CD??

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    Wow can't wait. How about offering a Hi Rez download on Bandcamp simultaneous with CD??
    That would be great. Preordering from Reingold Records would end up costing $25 (including shipping which is $8) and who knows when it would actually arrive. I'd happily pay $20 for a hires download from Bandcamp (especially if I could get it on the release day).

Pre-orders for The Fringe begin today through Reingold Records. Here is a single edit of a song called Flare.

Pre-Ordered! Thanks for posting the song - I'm digging it, there is a lot more going on in that song than first meets the ears - lol - very cool

I don't know how they calculate shipping - I was going to order 3 different CD's but shipping shot up to $17! Eliminated one CD and it went back to $8 - I put my order in at that. Now if I go back 5 minutes later and try add the exact same order to the cart it says shipping would be $6. Wish I had waited 5 minutes. Maybe some currency conversion going on but seems weird.

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    Pre-Ordered! Thanks for posting the song - I'm digging it, there is a lot more going on in that song than first meets the ears - lol - very cool

I don't know how they calculate shipping - I was going to order 3 different CD's but shipping shot up to $17! Eliminated one CD and it went back to $8 - I put my order in at that. Now if I go back 5 minutes later and try add the exact same order to the cart it says shipping would be $6. Wish I had waited 5 minutes. Maybe some currency conversion going on but seems weird.
    Thanks SRS. I'll speak with Jonas about it.

Jefferson James
    Digging "Flare" a lot, great track and the bass really jumps out at me -- very cool groove in those verses. I knew the vocals would be top-notch and they are, indeed, excellent. Stoked to hear the full album, all the best at RoSFest, Randy and Co., knock 'em dead!

Got my pre-ordered copy in the mail yesterday - autographed by all three!

Digging my first listen right now. This is a different animal from Karmakanic or TFK - prog rock with a strong emphasis on rock - catchy songs with some pop elements -real power trio stuff! tons of cool stuff going on in these songs by these master musicians. More later as I continue listening.