Thread: RIP Lonnie Mack

RIP Lonnie Mack

RIP blues guitar great Lonnie Mack

Great player and singer.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Wow, another. RIP.

I love some his stuff.

Lonnie had some great early work that I like. I'm not familiar with his later work after he was rediscovered, but he was certainly the real deal!

rest in peace, Lonnie Mack!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

RIP Lonnie
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Lonnie had some great early work that I like. I'm not familiar with his later work after he was rediscovered, but he was certainly the real deal!

rest in peace, Lonnie Mack!
    His 1985 album, "Strike Like Lightning" is really really good.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Still have my copy of Strike Like Lightning. RIP Lonnie

Damn, this year just keeps on taking 'em.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I saw him with Stevie Ray Vaughn about the time Strike Like Lightning came out.
    Great show.
    RIP
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Rest in peace, Lonnie. Another great musician gone to the great gig in the sky.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

"Oreo Cookie Blues" is a classic.

Man, they keep droppin', this is horrible. Got to see the man a loooong time ago rockin' that trademark Flying V with the Bigsby & steel brace, Lonnie Brooks opening (2 Lonnies for the price of 1!), damn what a great memory that was!
    Rest In Peace.

well that sucks.

RIP Lonnie.

F**K. I going to get drunk. RIP.
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

I remember reading an article on Lonnie Mack back in the 80's. He said at one point, Jim Morrison picked Lonnie to open for The Doors. Of course, Lonnie comes on, and the kids in the audience weren't feeling it. They were chanting, "We want Morrison! We want Morrison!" or whatever. So after like 10 or 15 minutes Lonnie says, "You want Jim Morrison? You got him", and then walked off the stage. Morrison comes on and tells the audience he wanted the audience to hear Lonnie's music, and "Now you're going to have sit on your asses for an hour!". Lonnie said he later told Jim, "I appreciate the thought, but next time get somebody else".

I’ve always loved his rendition of “Memphis.” The definitive version for me.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Another sad loss.