Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince dead at 57

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Tragic! Purple Rain is a classic!

Now this was totally unexpected! Are there going to be any musicians left when this year is over? RIP Prince

RIP Prince

I'm posting this on the main board because like him or not he was forward thinking enough artistically, kept things very interesting and there's no denying he was talented.

Me personally - I was never a big fan but always respected him. The whole Paisley Park thing just sounds like it was a hell of a lot of fun if you were lucky enough to be connected.

My company just last weekend was contacted by one of our really good theater customers wanting to know if we would be able to fill a big order for a show last Monday night on very short notice. The next day she informed us the show was cancelled and BTW it was going to be Prince.

I always thought it was cool as hell how he would do these surprise 'guerrilla' concerts and sell out some theater on a moments notice.

Rest well oh Purple One.

It's a difficult year, for sure...

Just started a thread on OT a few minutes ago.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Vanity passed away on February 15th.

Still not officially confirmed though... Just "a death" at Prince's estate. I mean, it probably is..., but maybe we should wait until the official news.

I liked some of his singles, but could never get further than that with his music.

Damn it!

Jus heard this on Dutch television. The presenter, who is not really known for his lack of words, was silenced by this news and didn't know what to say. Can't say I'm a big fan, but I like some stuff he did.

It's on the semi-official news now . . .
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0c9244a7b2a5b

We lost a great basketball player!
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, sad and indeed surprising. Just the other day I quoted him on House of Prog: "Ride me like a horny pony would."

Just noticed that on my Twitter feed. Sadly, he was only 57 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Still not officially confirmed though... Just "a death" at Prince's estate. I mean, it probably is..., but maybe we should wait until the official news.

I liked some of his singles, but could never get further than that with his music.
    There seems to be conflicting reports on line. Some say "a body" and some saying it definitely was Prince. Details very sketchy at this point...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Ember
    Confirmed by his publicist, apparently.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...22/prince-dead

Can't say I was a huge fan, but liked the whole "Purple Rain" thing, and admired him in his struggle with WB. And his work ethic and productivity were second to none.,

Yep, all the media are confirming it now. Holy shit, I played so much of his music back in the day. This one is going to be hell to process. RIP you glorious purple bastard!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...-home-38574290

His publicist, Yvette Noel-Schure, told The Associated Press that the music icon died at his home in Chanhassen. No details were immediately released.

Dearly beloved
    We are gathered here today
    2 get through this thing called life

Electric word life
    It means forever and that's a mighty long time
    But I'm here 2 tell u
    There's something else
    The afterworld

A world of never ending happiness
    U can always see the sun, day or night
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Prince, American music superstar and pioneer, dies aged 57

Very sorry to hear this. Rest in peace.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

This past weekend he did this -- wait until you read the end of the article:

http://m.startribune.com/prince-offe...ine/375981801/

Prince offers a little speech and even less piano at Paisley to prove he's fine

By: JON BREAM
    April 17, 2016 - 10:30 AM

Prince is alive and well. He wanted to prove that so he invited people to Paisley Park Saturday night for the deep-discount price of a mere $10.

Announced late Saturday morning via Twitter, it was billed as a dance party. But, with Prince, things are seldom as advertised or expected. Shortly after midnight, two hours into the dance party with DJ Pam the Funkstress, Prince appeared.

It was show-and-tell time. He wanted to show off his new purple Yamaha piano (he played “Chopsticks” and a brief instrumental passage with a classical flourish) and his brand-new metallic purple guitar (he didn’t play it; more on that later).

You may have heard the hubbub on Friday, first reported by TMZ, not necessarily the bastion of accuracy. Prince’s private plane made an emergency landing early Friday morning in Illinois as he was returning to the Twin Cities from two shows in Atlanta on Thursday. TMZ said he had the flu. (He had postponed the Atlanta show from the previous week because of the flu.)

A source close to Prince told me that the singer was dehydrated on the flight home.

Prince himself wanted to clarify the situation on Saturday: “Wait a few days before you waste any prayers.”

Typically cryptic Prince, indeed.

Damn...didn't see that one coming. Loved his stuff in the 80's. RIP.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Awful news, and another death I wasn't expecting at all.

That statement is quite shocking now.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Man, this world is sure going crazy.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.