Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Prince dead at 57

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    yes, I agree that it would be best if no one ever brought up religious beliefs in any thread. I dont know who first brought it into this thread. I merely responded after the fact so that both sides were represented fairly.
    Are you certain that there are only two sides?
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Could there be even smidgen of a chance that he was affected by his meds to the point that his own judgment was compromised? Do you know, for a fact, that every one of his behavioral choices were competent ones? Would you concede that, perhaps, just perhaps, he was sick and thought he was helping himself? Is there one ounce of sympathy or even empathy in your heart?
    Was he under competent medical supervision? Did he check himself out of Trinity Medical Center against medical advice?

Quote Originally Posted by marblesmike View Post
    Some people would rather point their fingers and judge a person for their fallacies. After all, there are some who are perfect without fault.
    The only people I know who are perfect are perfect asses.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Was he under competent medical supervision? Did he check himself out of Trinity Medical Center against medical advice?
    To reassert my point, could there be even smidgen of a chance that he was affected by his meds to the point that his own judgment was compromised?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    To reassert my point, could there be even smidgen of a chance that he was affected by his meds to the point that his own judgment was compromised?
    Was there nobody in his retinue who could speak up?

Sorry, Prince doesn’t get a pass on this. He fucked up. Big time.

Dying of a drug overdose is closer to Kurt Cobain than it is to John Lennon.

Dying of a drug overdose is closer to Kurt Cobain than it is to John Lennon.
    Your point?

Responsibility.

I don't think anyone is giving Prince "a pass". But the point is everyone makes mistakes, even stupid ones. It doesn't diminish the sadness I feel when one's poor choices lead to them dying.

Having recently lost one of my best friends in death (bad circumstances, and he just wouldn't take care of himself in spite of our efforts to help him), it still hurts even several months later. I could waste my energy blaming him for his poor decisions that ultimately cost him his life, but what's the point? He was responsible for his actions, and he paid a heavy price for it.

No I agree Prince’s death was sad and unnecessary. I’m sure he did not INTEND to commit suicide. If there IS an afterlife he’s probably pretty pissed at himself right now.

But as Dr. LeFrog pointed out, one does not end up with counterfeit Vicodin if going through legitimate channels. One does not check oneself out of a hospital after collapsing without accepting some responsibility. One does not get one’s medicines prescribed to a roadie.

Nobody to blame but Prince John Rogers himself. His family’s sad attempts to blame Walgreens and the Trinity Medical Center notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    when people are in a coma, they are FED intravenously; in the same way a blood transfusion is administered
    That just doesn't correlate. If a patient is administered to a hospital with severe malnourishment and is given a blood transfusion as means of treatment, the patient will die because blood is not food, but simply the vehicle used to transport it.

it is what it is

there is no debate here
    I know that Robert has no regard for God's designation of blood as sacred. He has no regard for God at all according to our many private interactions, and that is his choice to make. So it is not surprising that he would come out against holding integrity toward God. Everyone makes their own choice regarding their long-term future.
    there is no debate here
    Either one holds God's opinion in the highest regard or they do not. It is a personal choice and no amount of debate will change that fact.
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

No I agree Prince’s death was sad and unnecessary. I’m sure he did not INTEND to commit suicide.
    Pretty rare to commit suicide in an elevator - I've never heard of it - and no note.

Getting complaints here. I think this has been pretty played out now and is just becoming a circular debate. RIP Prince.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.