Thread: Pete Zorn RIP

Pete Zorn RIP

Pete had been around on the electric folk circuit. Richard Thompsons band and Steeleye Span since 2009 until last year. Cancer.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

A real shame. Pete was a fine musician & great singer (mostly harmonies but check out his lead on Silver Mining Town from Arizona Smoke Review's second album).

He had a hit single in Blighty back in the 70s as half of Driver 67, with the novelty but fun Car 67.

Only in his mid sixties - far too young.

Very sad, i've enjoyed his work at many Richard Thompson shows.

Fantastic multi-instrumentalist: Guitar, mandolin, tin whistle, flute - and sopranino, alto, and baritone saxes. And harmony vocals par excellence. Interestingly, all his woodwinds were in the key of Eb (including an Eb marching-band flute) so he didn't have to rethink his transpositions and fingerings when switching off. From what I understand, he played the saxes in high school, and unlike most players who went on to rock or folk, never stopped playing them.

He had an amusing story about playing bass on Thompson's infamous Shoot Out The Lights tour, saying that for him it was the "You're Not Dave Pegg" tour because Thompson's manager had printed posters saying that Pegg would be in the band, when in fact Pegg had a conflicting tour with Jethro Tull.