Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LA MASCHERA DI CERA Le porte del domani OUT NOW!!!

Love both language versions - this is really good stuff

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Best MASCHERA DI CERA album and one of the top 5 of the last 10 years to my ears. I'm talking about the italian version! Rarely does one see a modern band digesting the masters of the golden era of italian progressive (BANCO DEL MUTUO SOCCORSO, LE ORME, PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI, METAMORFOSI, BIGLIETTO PER L' INFERNO) and taking their influences to such heights of majestic creativity.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

They have become an instant buy for me. Looking forward to this one.

Picked up the English version at Freeson Rock in Montreal last weekend (I always make a trip there when I'm in the city). I wasn't going to (I tend to stick with the Italian versions), but hey, it was right there on the shelf. It's not often one can browse the shelves and choose a La Maschera Di Cera CD.

Such a beautiful album, I just love it.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I played it for the first time last week, I love what I hear! I'm odd I guess, in that I don't like the Le Orme album this is a sequel to. Maybe I need to hear that one again.

chalkpie
    Just checking out these cats for the first time - listening to "La Grande Labirinto". This is some really nice stuff in the classico e moderno style of Italian symph. Me like. I guess I'll need to hear "Le Porte" as well, yeah?

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    (it used to be over a joint, but, hey, times change...)
    C'mon Uncle Steve - nobody likes a quitter