Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What's you favourite NON-PROG double album ever? (pick one!)

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Indeed, you weren't (and there was a a band called that around those years too)

Well, the Low Budget album that came just before One For The Road did make a dent if memory serves (In Canada certainly, anyways) but indeed most of those 70's concept albums were hardly known in North Am and didn't get much airplay (ther than those classic late 60's hits)

However, the new impetus from LB and OFTR lasted enough that there was a little attention to Give The People and State Of Confusion ... but further albums didn't make a dent in the charts (TMKA)

=============

Interesting that two Argent members played with the band back in the 80's too - Rodfort & Henrit.
    The “Low Budget” album did get some limited airplay on rock radio in my area. I remember hearing the title track and “Catch Me Now I’m Falling”. The live album was where I first really became aware of them though, and it seemed to be the catalyst for the commercial comeback that would come with the next album “Give The People What They Want” which was huge here. Anyway….I still like that live album a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    +keyboardist Ian Gibbons, formerly of the Argent-soundalike band (yes, one exists!) Life, whose only album was produced by ex-Zombie Chris White.
    thanks... it had escaped me
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.