Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steve Hackett- Total experience live in Liverpool' CD/DVD-Bluray

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Damn - we need more Hackett vid NOW!
    Ask and ye shall receive.

*STEVE HACKETT - "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" Live In Liverpool (OFFICIAL VIDEO). Taken from the live release "The Total Experience Live In Liverpool". InsideOutMusic 2016*

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by gilawi View Post
    How do you know is Region 1? I cannot see it indicated anywhere.
    I assume it's the case because when you enter their web page, you click on the North America store.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jarmsuh View Post
    I assume it's the case because when you enter their web page, you click on the North America store.
    As Gilawi said, the one for sale on Amazon.com (not one of the European Amazons) says its region 2.

There is another website "importCD's.com" that has it at a gret price - the Blu Ray version at $13.21 -, but does not indicate the region either. To find this you have to search through pre orders.

I'm not too familiar with the Wolflight material but this sounds pretty good!

I'm glad I locked in at $25.19 (Cdn) for this title on amazon... it's shot up to $39.99.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I'm glad I locked in at $25.19 (Cdn) for this title on amazon... it's shot up to $39.99.
    Which version? Amazon us doesn't seem to have the 2cd/DVD version, or at least they didn't.

Which version? Amazon us doesn't seem to have the 2cd/DVD version, or at least they didn't.
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

...says it's 4 discs.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    You're right - 4 disks. Found it on Amazon.com - they have the format just listed as CD.

$23.61 with tax - free shipping with Amazon Prime.

Thanks Progatron - I think I had the exact same problem earlier in this thread!

You're right - 4 disks. Found it on Amazon.com - they have the format just listed as CD.

$23.61 with tax - free shipping with Amazon Prime.

Thanks Progatron - I think I had the exact same problem earlier in this thread!
    And then there is this nonsense on the US Amazon site regarding the Blu-ray disc .

"Playback Region B/2 :This will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia. Learn more about Blu-ray region specifications here"

Why the hell are they selling it as a non-import in a country in which most people can't play it back ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Stickleback View Post
    Will Hackett be touring again soon? Kind of bummed that I missed the last show.
    I saw him on Sunday at the Stone Free Festival. He played quite a short set, but what was played was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    And then there is this nonsense on the US Amazon site regarding the Blu-ray disc .

"Playback Region B/2 :This will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia. Learn more about Blu-ray region specifications here"

Why the hell are they selling it as a non-import in a country in which most people can't play it back ?????
    Especially strange since I don't think this was the case with the earlier live releases. My BD player would play it but I opted for the DVD/CD set anyway.

I bought the Blu-Ray with Burning Shed to have it hopefully June 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    He's the one musician in Genesis that has gotten better. I suppose it's because he's kept going without long lay-offs...indeed, he's more prolific now than ever!
    Well he BELIEVES in making and playing prog----and he surrounds himself with the best talent out there and has been able to pull together an amazing band.
    He's very detailed and knows what he's doing. The talent he surrounds himself surely inspires him and you can tell in the live performances.

Quote Originally Posted by jarmsuh View Post
    I bought the Blu-Ray with Burning Shed to have it hopefully June 24th.
    Does the Burning Shed site specifies the region?

Does the Burning Shed site specifies the region?
    No, but i have contacted them and they said that it was all regions, it has been shipped yesterday. so they have it right now.

There is another website "importCD's.com" that has it at a gret price - the Blu Ray version at $13.21 -, but does not indicate the region either. To find this you have to search through pre orders.
    $16.20 delivered v $24.70 from Burning Shed.

Got my autographed BluRay today! Sounds and looks good!
    Last edited by hFx; 06-27-2016 at 02:19 PM.
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Amazon has it now for $13.39 and specifies "all regions".

My autographed copies (yes I bought both - wanted the Bluray and CDs so now I also have the DVD - sigh) but Steve signed both so a great keepsake. Listened on the way to work this morning and am up to "The Wheel's Turning" sounds great so far. Will try to watch the bluray this weekend. Odd to see the Parental Guidance warning stickers on them for 'Flashing or Flickering Lights' hope I'll be ok.

If you can't get enough live Hackett there is a release of the Japan show on the Total Experience tour

https://www.amazon.com/Total-Experie.../dp/B01IQXOW60

Looks like the differences are - No: Clocks, Jacuzzi, After the Ordeal - adds: Dance on a Volcano
    Also this this is Beggs on Bass rather than Stolt.

^ No one can say they can't get enough live Hackett! Thanks though-interesting.