Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kansas: The Prelude Implicit Tour - featuring full Leftoverture performance

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    why not do Point Of Know Return for it's 40th anniversary?
    I was thinking that would be the logical next step. Maybe next year.

^^^ yeah but this year is the anniversary... why not do both?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Original members really have nothing to do with it. Bands evolve, over time.
    Exactly...but in the case of Yes the evolution resulted in very poor albums. (FFH, H&E)The Prelude Implicit blows the doors off of any post-Anderson/Rabin Yes music.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Just saw this announcement:

Kansas will be expanding their highly successful Leftoverture 40th Anniversary Tour to more parts of the United States in the fall of 2017. For the first time in its 43-year history, the band is performing the hit album in its entirety. The tour showcases more than two hours of classic Kansas music including hit songs, deep cuts, and new songs from their new album, The Prelude Implicit.

Based on incredible demand, dates have been confirmed for a final US leg of the Leftoverture 40th Anniversary Tour across cities such as San Francisco, CA; San Diego, CA; Houston, TX; Minneapolis, MN; Topeka, KS; Champaign, IL; Wichita, KS; Knoxville, TN; Toledo, OH; Jacksonville, FL; and many more.

"We are having so much fun doing these Leftoverture 40th Anniversary shows, we just want to keep doing them," comments Kansas guitarist and original member Richard Williams. "We had no idea when we started doing these, last fall, that they would be so popular. When we first started discussing this concept, we were just hoping to be able to do ten of these type shows. We would not have predicted we would end up doing nearly 70 of them. I can't think of a better way to wrap up 2017, before taking a break from the road at the beginning of 2018, to record a new studio album."

Newly added dates:

August
    25 - Shreveport, LA - Shreveport Municipal Auditorium
    26 - Baton Rouge, LA - Baton Rouge River Center Theatre

September
    8 - Santa Rosa, CA - Luther Burbank Center for the Arts
    9 - Stockton, CA - Bob Hope Theatre
    12 - San Francisco, CA - Warfield Theatre
    13 - Thousand Oaks, CA - Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza
    15 - Bakersfield, CA - Fox Theater
    19 - San Diego, CA - Poway Center for the Arts
    21 - Wichita Falls, TX - Memorial Auditorium Wichita Falls
    22 - Amarillo, TX - Amarillo Civic Center
    29 - Corpus Christi, TX - Selena Auditorium
    30 - Houston, TX - Cullen Performance Hall

October
    6 - Topeka, KS - Topeka Performing Arts Center
    7 - Sioux City, IA - Orpheum Theatre
    13 - Champaign, IL - The Virginia Theatre*
    14 - Evansville, IN - Victory Theatre**
    20 - Dodge City, KS - United Wireless Center
    21 - Wichita, KS - Hartman Arena
    27 - Knoxville, TN - Knoxville Civic Auditorium
    28 - Huntsville, AL - Mark C. Smith Concert Hall

November
    3 - Saginaw, MI - Dow Events Center Theater
    4 - Toledo, OH - Stranahan Theater
    10 - Waukegan, IL - Genesee Theatre
    11 - Appleton, WI - Fox Cities Performing Arts Center
    17 - Madison, WI - Capitol Theater
    18 - Minneapolis, MN - State Theatre
    24 - Buffalo, NY - University at Buffalo Center for the Arts
    25 - Akron, OH - The Goodyear Theater

December
    1 - North Charleston, SC - North Charleston Performing Arts Center
    2 - Jacksonville, FL - Florida Theatre
    8 - Pembroke Pines, FL - Pembroke Pines City Center
    9 - The Villages, FL - Sharon L. Morse Performing Arts Center
    Presales are ongoing using the passcode KANSASBAND. Wheat & Greet VIP Packages and Premium Seat Packages are also available. The general onsales for most dates begin March 31. The Champaign show presale begins April 4, followed by the general onsale April 7. Visit www.KansasBand.com for more information.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about the presale. Tickets purchased for Madison.

...expanding indefinitely. hey if it works, go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I was thinking that would be the logical next step. Maybe next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    ^^^ yeah but this year is the anniversary... why not do both?
    Because
    Quote Originally Posted by KANSAS
    "taking a break from the road at the beginning of 2018, to record a new studio album."
    So next year they can tour the new album by playing the full POKR album just like they're doing now with the PI and Leftoverature.
    Last edited by Obscured; 03-27-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I had the pleasure of covering Magnum Opus this past weekend at the yearly prog cover shindig I host- "A Night of Prog LIVE". I like to lay some KS on the unsuspecting..... And show them how a tune like this can stand tall next to those 20 minute prog epics (which we also played).

Quote Originally Posted by Mstove View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about the presale. Tickets purchased for Madison.
    I see Kansas is playing 10 minutes away by foot from my apartment so commuting shouldn't be a major issue unlike ARW in Chicago. I also noticed that Kansas tickets are the same price as ARW tickets yet little screaming on this thread about that.

OK, I'll start.

$50 for Kansas?!! I saw them in Madison in 1996 for only $15! I only stayed for three songs because it was so loud in that little bar that my eardrums hurt.

ears >> Point of No Return at 110 decibels.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    skipping Phoenix?!!!
    Playing Chandler on April 23. Is that too far away?

Quote Originally Posted by Garion81 View Post
    Playing Chandler on April 23. Is that too far away?
    seriously?! I'm THERE!!!!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I had the pleasure of covering Magnum Opus this past weekend at the yearly prog cover shindig I host- "A Night of Prog LIVE". I like to lay some KS on the unsuspecting..... And show them how a tune like this can stand tall next to those 20 minute prog epics (which we also played).
    proving that great writing doesn't have to drag on and on and on to be excellent

nice work on the cover Sean
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    I see Kansas is playing 10 minutes away by foot from my apartment so commuting shouldn't be a major issue unlike ARW in Chicago. I also noticed that Kansas tickets are the same price as ARW tickets yet little screaming on this thread about that.

OK, I'll start.

$50 for Kansas?!! I saw them in Madison in 1996 for only $15! I only stayed for three songs because it was so loud in that little bar that my eardrums hurt.

ears >> Point of No Return at 110 decibels.
    Great story. Excellent contribution.

Saw the show in Buffalo on Friday - really enjoyed it.

The band are tight and sounding good and the singer has the range to hit all the high notes. Aside from Leftoverture they did a nice selection of material including some from the new album which were quite good.

I liked the intro to Carry On using the radio and the recorded opening vocal - it was a nice way to segue into that part of the show.

Glad I had the chance to see this.

I saw the current lineup in the July of 2016, and they were awesome. The live CD of the Leftoverture tour is great too. To me they sound better then ever, and I have like them since the first album. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman ><>

Prog lives!