Apr 19 Robin 2 Bilston, United Kingdom
    Apr 20 Academy Newcastle Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
    Apr 21 The Picturedrome Holmfirth, United Kingdom
    Apr 22 O2 ABC Glasgow Glasgow, United Kingdom
    Apr 24 O2 Academy Bournemouth Bournemouth, United Kingdom
    Apr 26 O2 Forum London, United Kingdom

http://renaissancetouring.com/tour
    Wonderful. Thanks for posting this.
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

Anyone who gets to see this tour is incredibly fortunate!

They haven't come my way since the 'Camera Camera' tour.

Another thread has moved me to revisit Renaissance, who I've always liked, but they are better than I remember. 'Prologue' is magnificent, so much feeling. Annie's vocals in 'Bound For Infinity' and 'Forever Changing' are some of the best I've ever heard. Talk about beautiful! And 'Mother Russia' I find very impressive as well. Of course I've always had a special fondness for the 'Sheherazade' album, and it too sounds as good or better than ever.

It would be nice if they came to the mainland and do a show in The Hague. I would go there.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    They haven't come my way since the 'Camera Camera' tour.

Another thread has moved me to revisit Renaissance, who I've always liked, but they are better than I remember. 'Prologue' is magnificent, so much feeling. Annie's vocals in 'Bound For Infinity' and 'Forever Changing' are some of the best I've ever heard. Talk about beautiful! And 'Mother Russia' I find very impressive as well. Of course I've always had a special fondness for the 'Sheherazade' album, and it too sounds as good or better than ever.
    They haven't come to the SF Bay Area since Camera, Camera either. It disappoints me they don't travel west. I also have never seen Curved Air. They were supposed to tour the US some years ago and it never happened. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    They haven't come to the SF Bay Area since Camera, Camera either. It disappoints me they don't travel west.
    It disappoints the band too; it's not a deliberate "forget the west coast." The economics have been a challenge: travel expenditures, awareness and demand from promoters.

I also have never seen Curved Air. They were supposed to tour the US some years ago and it never happened. Sigh.
    Good news here: Curved Air is on Cruise to the Edge 2017. I have no inside info, but I would expect the band to try and book other shows before or after the cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by esa View Post
    It disappoints the band too; it's not a deliberate "forget the west coast." The economics have been a challenge: travel expenditures, awareness and demand from promoters.

Good news here: Curved Air is on Cruise to the Edge 2017. I have no inside info, but I would expect the band to try and book other shows before or after the cruise.
    Thanks for the info. Hope springs eternal! Curved Air has always been my favorite prog band, so I'm hoping against hope. The last studio album was absolutely stellar.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Curved Air will be aboard CTTE 2017, so I'm hoping Renaissance will also swing about. They've done other cruises with the same promoter, so it's possible.

Went to see Renaissance at the Forum in Kentish Town last night. It was my first time seeing them, very good show. Band was very tight, was especially impressed by Rave Tesar's piano playing and the vocal harmonies.
    Annie Haslam was simply incredible - 40 years on she just nailed all the high notes, pitch perfect too, wonderful range and control. Can't tell if they played everything in the original key but it definitely sounded like those high notes were right up there. Don't see that very often with bands from that era...

Would have been nice to hear a few more classics in the set (I didn't think they could do a gig without Ashes Are Burning) but I did enjoy the more recent material as well, especially Grandine Il Vento.
    Hope they'll be back.