Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clockwork Angels: A fitting swansong from Rush?

From Neil Peart's latest journal entry he sounds like he is done with touring:

http://www.neilpeart.net/index.php?cID=286

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Tim Smith writes my kind of lyrics... totally off the wall and inspiring on some demented level.

I do enjoy Ian's though, and of course FZ. I also like SGM's lyrics. And Bob Drake's. And some of Aekerfelts imagery is nifty.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    From Neil Peart's latest journal entry he sounds like he is done with touring:

http://www.neilpeart.net/index.php?cID=286
    Is this the entry about his crash in 2010? I don't see where he mentions being done with touring...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Is this the entry about his crash in 2010? I don't see where he mentions being done with touring...

Read the last line: distinctly pregnant with implication.

^ Yep, he didn't declare that accident to his insurance company as they might put a stop to his motor biking between shows arrangement. He's now gone public since it no longer matters - ie. he's not touring anymore. Of course he could go on tour and get on the bus/plane with Alex & Geddy, that would save a lot of energy for his drumming. That's probably not how he sees it though!

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Read the last line: distinctly pregnant with implication.
    Yeah, he's done.

I really do think Rush had a good run. I think Geddy and Alex will want to make music for sure, but Neil's even voiced the oft-expressed complaint by elder statesmen musicians that it's pointless to make albums anymore. Thus, he may look upon any entreaties to make a new "Rush" album with suspicion about possible tours, and if he said no to an album, that would be that.

But I had a friend who, while somewhat melancholy about it, understood R.E.M.'s feelings when they broke up. That's how I feel about Rush. They've done their time and now they can relax and snowboard, motorcycle, or play music for fun till their hearts' content if they want.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)