Thread: "Rush" episode of the ABC sitcom THE GOLDBERGS

"Rush" episode of the ABC sitcom THE GOLDBERGS

who saw it last night?

On ABC's website
    http://abc.go.com/shows/the-goldberg...son-03/21-rush

What you say about this sitcom is what you say about society.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

My old girlfriend went to the Presto tour with me - I thought that was some kind of miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    who saw it last night?

It was pretty funny (and totally unexpected!). Obviously, someone with the show is a fan. Not just because the episode happened, but because they referred to Rush as "prog-rock," which nobody called them in the '80s.

The only thing less believable than three girls getting into Rush, though, was those same three girls forming a pitch-perfect Rush cover band with appeared to be only a day or two of practice.

hehe,

well in fairness, Hayley Orrantia actually was a contestant on The Voice a few years ago, so she does have some vocal ability.
    Last edited by mnprogger; 04-14-2016 at 02:22 PM.

The Goldbergs is pretty funny, will have to watch out for this.

Loved it, especially having been around that age around that time. Pure nerd fantasy, but pretty funny! Anyone notice the trampoline "gong" behind the drum kit in the garage?
    Last edited by gearHed289; 04-14-2016 at 03:41 PM.

what a minute.... it's his sister? yuck!

Ok, skipped the OP as I didn't want any spoilers but The Goldbergs has had a steady influence of Rush references in it's run. The school counselor, who's cool because he has the Hang On Baby poster AND a Rush poster, the sax player who is a total Rush freak and I'm probably missing a few other references.

The Whitesnake poster on the daughter's wall is out of date, I do think that's '70's Whitesnake, of which she would not have like nor known.

Totally, this show gets the '80's as right as it's ever been done, excepting maybe Freaks and Geeks, which is still a amazing shoe despite only one season.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Totally, this show gets the '80's as right as it's ever been done, excepting maybe Freaks and Geeks, which is still a amazing shoe despite only one season.
    I love this show, but Freaks and Geeks was much better at portraying the '80s. The Goldbergs jumps all over the decade from episode to episode. One week it's '81 and the next it's '89. A complete fictional timeline.

One of the best tv shows ever. My family gathers around the tv to watch and laugh together.

I've yet to see this episode though. Can't wait.

Btw, there was also a recent episode of the tv show "Chicago Fire" where Rush even appeared!

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Ok, skipped the OP as I didn't want any spoilers but The Goldbergs has had a steady influence of Rush references in it's run. The school counselor, who's cool because he has the Hang On Baby poster AND a Rush poster, the sax player who is a total Rush freak and I'm probably missing a few other references.

The Whitesnake poster on the daughter's wall is out of date, I do think that's '70's Whitesnake, of which she would not have like nor know

The "sax player" kid was now the drummer in the band. This show is great.

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    what a minute.... it's his sister? yuck!
    She's the narrator's sister, not the guy who's sitting in the car with her playing Rush.

So how would "the narrator" know what went down in the car without being there?

And why is that film crew still following The Trailer Park Boys around a decade later?

TV questions that will never be answered....

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    So how would "the narrator" know what went down in the car without being there?
    In your world, the narrator of every story is present for all the events in the stories they narrate? Like, watching from behind the shrubbery and taking notes or something? What a creepy world that must be.

yes.