Thread: Who is Rick Emerson?

Who is Rick Emerson?

Over all these years I've wondered who Jon Lord introduced himself as on the Live In London recording.

There is probably a joke about a prominent personage of the time but I just don't have any clue what Lordy is on about.

BTW, as a footnote, it's arguably the best recording of SOTW ever, FWIW. By DP or anyone else.

OK, I have to start a argument. I would say Son of Alerik might be DP's best studio recording, also ever. Absolutely brilliant, from all four guys. Lord and Blackmore shine on this track in so many ways and Paicey and Glover do some rather brilliant work to boot.

It's a Deep Purple thread so why not some controversy?
    Last edited by TheLoony; 04-12-2016 at 02:00 AM.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Rick (Wakeman) (Keith) Emerson
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

^I'm just surprised that it could be interpreted any other way but that!

I'm a Mark II guy first and foremost, BTW. I don't like the Coverdale/Hughes versions of their songs...Hughes in particular. My favourite thing Hughes ever brought to the band is 'This Time Around', some of the others are in this no man's land between soul and rock, not really working as either IMHO.

Oh fucking snap, I didn't get that.

Just shoot me now. I so should have put that together. I actually thought it was some political thing or some such that I had no clue of, as I'm not British. Not unlike the Mary Long thing.

If I ever have a boy, I'll name him Rick Lord Emerson, the First. Hells yeah, I ain't a going to name my kid after some asshole guitar player.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Do you get to chose the last name where you live?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Emerson
    Last edited by rcarlberg; 04-12-2016 at 12:30 PM.