Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor Caramoan: Fans vs Favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    I think that kid who gave away the idol when he was already in the final five will probably go further than anyone thinks...
    That's assuming Brandon does not give another idol again or has a mental meltdown. The guy is more unstable than a Francium isotope. I am surprised he even passed whatever psychological test the contestants have to take before the show.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Did someone mention "trainwreck" candidates?

Nothing but meltdowns in this one. Can the bar get any lower? (sure lots)
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Based on this week and the preview for next week, we're definately heading into "One Flew Over the Coocoo's Nest" territory.

Just how I like it
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Brandon & Phillip--make it worth watching, nutter than fruitcake.

I'm glad the marine guy stayed on, I'm surprised he'd want to bail out so soon.

I still like the young Jewish guy on the Favorites team, forget his name, and the guy with the long hair that does well in the challenges that played last season.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I still like the young Jewish guy on the Favorites team, forget his name, and the guy with the long hair that does well in the challenges that played last season.
    Cochrane and Malcolm.

I love Cochrane! He's such an underdog that I can't help but root for him to go far. I loved what he said last night about "everyday being like Wednesday at 8:00". That just summed up how much he loves the game. I would totally love to see him win.

I'm glad that the marine guy stuck around too. I can appreciate that after everything he's been through he just wants to be happy, but he would have regretted it if he quit. I hope that he can pull his emotions together and calm down.

I also hope that Reynolds (the guy with the idol) sticks around for a while. Not that I care about his game play so much, but he's the hottest guy there.

I'm glad the marine guy stayed on, I'm surprised he'd want to bail out so soon.
    I was hoping he would leave. He is a lazy nasty malcontent. He doesn't do anything around camp but cause dysfunction in the team. I realize the goal is to get yourself to the end to win the million dollars but in the early stages you need to be a positive productive team player to help increase your chances of advancing.

Did anyone else notice that there was a scene where two players (I think Brandon and Cochrane) were talking and then Philip walked up, and the camera cut away from the group shot to individual players. When the camera cut back to a wide shot Cochrane had turned into Malcolm. Bad edit. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    I was hoping he would leave. He is a lazy nasty malcontent. He doesn't do anything around camp but cause dysfunction in the team. I realize the goal is to get yourself to the end to win the million dollars but in the early stages you need to be a positive productive team player to help increase your chances of advancing.
    I wouldn't have been sorry to see him voted out...I'm just glad he didn't quit.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Did anyone else notice that there was a scene where two players (I think Brandon and Cochrane) were talking and then Philip walked up, and the camera cut away from the group shot to individual players. When the camera cut back to a wide shot Cochrane had turned into Malcolm. Bad edit. LOL!
    Did not noticed that one, but on the second episode they gave away the winner of the challenge before the challenge even started. After Probst expalined the challenge and stated the winners were also getting fishing gear, the camera panned into the fishing gear basket and showed a diving mask. On the opening sequence they show Malcom on the water with a mask, so that clue me in that the Favorites were going to win that challenge.

BTW, Cockroach's last name is spelled without an "e" at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    Not a fan of Shamar, but the Fans tribe need him for the physical challenges. If they get rid of him this early in the game, the Fans will be losing all the physical challenges. They should keep him just until the merge, unless the Fans have a numbers advantage over the Favorites and a solid alliance. You might be right that a positive productive team increases your chances to win, but all the positive thoughts in the world would not compensate for a lack of strength.

Quote Originally Posted by enpdllp View Post
    BTW, Cockroach's last name is spelled without an "e" at the end.
    Thanks. That's how I spelled it throughout his first season and it was wrong. So, I actually knew that I was spelling it wrong, but I wasn't sure of the right way. Now I know.

Psst, psst, Phillip, your secret name will be nutball. Brandon, shhh, and your secret name will be passive aggressive Jesus freak psycho. Ok we've got each others back.

Psst, psst, Phillip, your secret name will be nutball. Brandon, shhh, and your secret name will be passive aggressive Jesus freak psycho. Ok we've got each others back.
    I hope both Brandon and Phillip are gone before they can qualify for jury.

Based on this past episode loss for the Fans and Shamar's injury, I think they are going to shuffle the tribes before the merge.

LMAO! That's very funny.

I agree that a shuffle is coming. The chick who got voted out alluded to a possible shuffle at last week's TC. I like the shuffles. It makes things more interesting.

'shuffle' is a great word. It's fun to say...just kinda rolls right out. Or that could very well just be me.

I'm liking this season so far. Seems like everyone is getting some spotlight except for maybe one or two. The challenges have been close and pretty exciting. Some good trainwrecks bound to happen. I'm enjoying this time around after some real snoozer seasons of late.

I can't believe that CBS is letting a Hantz boy back on TV. Have they learned nothing from Brandon's prior meltdowns and his uncle getting kicked off Big Brother?
    Okay, let's hope that the lesson is FINALLY learned and that's the last time we ever see a Hantz on reality TV.

But on the other hand...GREAT freakin' episode!

Well, that was something. That Brandon guy had some issues huh? Phillip will be very lucky to make it to the finale three, I think--too many people see how he's manipulating things, but will go along with it for now. The other tribe should be more interesting once the merge. I'm sort of glad that one guy found the other idol. If it were me, I wouldn't tell anyone.

Okay, let's hope that the lesson is FINALLY learned and that's the last time we ever see a Hantz on reality TV.
    That depends on the ratings that they get for last night's episode and the rest of the season. Whoever was the psychologist that cleared Hantz for the show should get his/her license to practice revoked. The first time Brandon was in the game they were able to say they did not saw it coming. This time they cannot use the same excuse. Having such a troubled person under not ideal conditions, hunger, lack of shelter, lack of support group, etc., was not a great idea. I think the producers just thought about ratings and not the welfare of Brandon or the other cast mates. If I was on Brandon's tribe, I would have kept the machete far away from him at all times. FWIW, there is a secret scene on the Survivor website where Brandon is talking to Erik and telling him he was going to burn down the camp if he heard he or Erik were going to be voted out.

But on the other hand...GREAT freakin' episode!
    I am not sure it was that great. I like the drama here and there, but I prefer the competition and the strategy part of the game better. What happened last night was very sad. I am even under the impression that after they arrived to the immunity challenge, some of it was staged to make it more dramatic. A few times during the ordeal Brandon appeared to be holding his laughter.

Well, that was something. That Brandon guy had some issues huh? Phillip will be very lucky to make it to the finale three, I think--too many people see how he's manipulating things, but will go along with it for now.
    I hope that you are right regarding Phillip's chance to go to the finale, but just like Boston Rob, I am quite sure some folks would like to carry him to the final because he cannot get enough votes to win the game. They keep/tolerate Phillip because he is harmless.

I'm sort of glad that one guy found the other idol. If it were me, I wouldn't tell anyone.
    Reynold might have found two idols and be a physical threat but he is a lousy strategic player. He could not keep to himself he had found the idol. He had to brag about it to Ed.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Amen! Man does that boy have some issues. I know they can edit things very well but it seemed like every other day it was up then down, then up then down (then of course over the top). I'm sure it made people miss the god lovin' Brandon from his first stint.

But knowing CBS/reality tv hantz version 3 will probably be out and about at some point.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by enpdllp View Post
    I hope that you are right regarding Phillip's chance to go to the finale, but just like Boston Rob, I am quite sure some folks would like to carry him to the final because he cannot get enough votes to win the game. They keep/tolerate Phillip because he is harmless.
    I don't know if that strategy will work this year. Yeah, Phillip is a kook and gets on the nerve of everyone there. But he seems to do a lot at camp this season and has been a beast at challenges. I can think of two challenges off the top of my head that I would say that he was the one that won it for the tribe. Take this guy to the end this time and maybe some jury voters give him credit for lasting this long this time (I don't think anyone is carrying him along this time) and doing great at challenges.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but Brandon seems to be a typical case of someone who is bipolar. He should have not been cleared for this game. What would have happened if instead of dumping the rice, he decided to go after Phillip with a machete?

I hope I never see another Hantz again, but somehow I have a feeling some sort of reality show featuring Russell and Brandon could be in the pipeline, or at least a Russell and Brandon special episode of Dr. Phil.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Well that was interesting! I got a kick out of Reynold's expressions of "holy shit, what is happening here!" during Brandon's tirade at the immunity challenge

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    That Hantz meltdown was about as predictable as Jeff wearing a blue shirt to tribal.

Nice job by Reynold playing the idol then finding another one like 4 hours later. Might be some sort of record.

The challenges have been pretty good this year, lots of water action and no puzzles. Too bad there was no immunity last night, but it was worth it just to see Brenda say, "this is a meltdown".

I need more Brenda screentime. More Brenda! More Brenda! (thisisameltdown)
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Well that was interesting! I got a kick out of Reynold's expressions of "holy shit, what is happening here!" during Brandon's tirade at the immunity challenge
    Yeah, me too. I commented on it to my husband..great facial expressions. I hope that they play that missed challenge at some point in the game. It looked interesting. I don't think that it's something that we've seen before, but I have a terrible memory so I could be wrong.

I was thinking about what Brandon said about Phillip being carried along by Boston Rob in his last season and the game that Phillip is playing this season. I think that Phillip learned from Rob. He’s playing Rob’s game (or, at least, trying to).

Rob always enters the game saying “I’m going to win this thing, who want to come in second?” Then he struts around like he’s controlling things and eliminates the people that don’t follow along with his plan. Either you’re with him and prepared to finish behind him or you’re toast. That’s how Phillip is playing. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rob coached him before he returned to the game.

The difference is, Rob can be charming and very persuasive. He has a way of figuring out how to help someone get ahead while furthering his own game. He’ll help you take one step forward, while he takes two. But you’ll like him for helping you take that one step. I don’t think that Phillip has that same strategic intelligence…and he definitely doesn’t have the empathy and compassion that I’ve seen Rob show towards people. Phillip works around camp and he’s good at challenges; that’s a good reason to keep him on a team, but once the merge happens he just becomes an annoying threat.

I don’t expect him to last very long once his vote is no longer required to play the numbers game.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    I need more Brenda screentime. More Brenda! More Brenda! (thisisameltdown)
    Nah - who's the blondie on the Favorites team? She's smokin' hot!
    Regards,

Duncan