Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: Svetonio's recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    107 pages of Bandcamp?

Wow.
    Sheesh. And I thought he was annoying here. And probably 1500 posts on how they are wrong about pigeonholing every possible subgenre in the history of music.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    107 pages of Bandcamp?
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    BANNED!
    107 pages of Banned Camp.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post

I was going to say the same thing.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post

Dear God, don't bump this thread- I had a horrible feeling he'd returned. One for all the hall of shame alongside the likes of JIF, 80swereok etc., and in fact he might have been the worst.

I do think old threads should be binned (after a year or something) like they were on the old board, particularly useless ones like this. But he put these YouTube clips everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Dear God, don't bump this thread- I had a horrible feeling he'd returned. One for all the hall of shame alongside the likes of JIF, 80swereok etc., and in fact he might have been the worst.

I do think old threads should be binned (after a year or something) like they were on the old board, particularly useless ones like this. But he put these YouTube clips everywhere.
    I actually like that this thread is still alive,
    Consider what we are doing now as cleansing it in a way

And if it weren't for this thread, I might not have known Cheetos Magazine had a new EP out. I really like those guys!

Totally serious, btw.

But no, I don't miss the incessant Bandcamp/YouTube postings.

Quote Originally Posted by Svetonio View Post
    Bill Brufford Paris 1979 (progressive fusion, 1979 live recorded full-length album, Mellow Recods, Italy)
    https://mellowrecords.bandcamp.com/a...paris-1979-2cd
    Attachment 9980
    Apologies if this topic has been covered elsewhere but it looks like Mellow Records actually has the chutzpah to sell *boots* on bandcamp! WTF? Anyone know the backstory on this? Given we are on the topic of being banned here, could Mellow be banned from bandcamp?

Why was he banned? After a number of complaints in the 'new releases' thread about him clogging it up (which he was) he redirected his postings to this thread. I actually use his postings to search for new prog music and it saves me time, and have found many new bands / releases that I would not have found otherwise. So, to me anyway, he was a benefit to this site.

Quote Originally Posted by deandob View Post
    Why was he banned? After a number of complaints in the 'new releases' thread about him clogging it up (which he was) he redirected his postings to this thread. I actually use his postings to search for new prog music and it saves me time, and have found many new bands / releases that I would not have found otherwise. So, to me anyway, he was a benefit to this site.
    Well, first and foremost his behavior in other threads could be quite abusive and argumentative - not to mention the clogging up numerous threads with videos, starting his many list this(pick one!) threads, and pointless arguing over his interpretation of what genres and subgenres artists should and shouldn't be included with himself being the sole authority on what was right... For whatever good he did for finding new music it got obliterated with his behavior.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Well, first and foremost his behavior in other threads could be quite abusive and argumentative - not to mention the clogging up numerous threads with videos, starting his many list this(pick one!) threads, and pointless arguing over his interpretation of what genres and subgenres artists should and shouldn't be included with himself being the sole authority on what was right... For whatever good he did for finding new music it got obliterated with his behavior.
    Could not have said it better myself.

I would also add that we were incredibly patient with him, largely because his posts were mostly on topic and about music. Most others would have not been given that much latitude. But he only has himself to blame and could honestly not give a shit about us, our opinions, and the established etiquette and protocol on this site. I also tend to get embarrassed frankly when I see people in their 50s and 60s act like children. In the end it's a waste given his passion (obsession) for music. But let's move on.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

^ I was shocked at how patient you guys were with svet.

He was booted from Prog Archives for the same aberrant behavior. Eventually, he'll be posting to himself on his own private forum in a van down by the river.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Have to say that it feels so great to browse this and other forums here on PE and NOT be subjected to endless posts of bandcamp/YouTube/ subgenre pontification by His Svetness.

I'm not sure how many others here agree, but now that he's gone, I personally would love to see this thread disappear forever.

Of course, I'm aware that the fact that I'm currently posting in it is prolonging that potential outcome...

This should do it

Someone on another thread said ....."don't Svet it"..... to someone....