Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vs threads vs. having a habenero-coated icepick stuck in your eye.

Music should not be a competition, but in the rock world it always has been. Wouldn't it be better to just not read those threads? Sorry, I'm being sensible on a prog message board, I should know better

As to hot peppers, I once had a tiny drop of Ghost Pepper hot sauce at a hot sauce shop when I was on vacation. My whole mouth burned for the next 30 minutes or. Just one tiny drop.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    VS.
    I like the top one...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by infandous View Post
    Music should not be a competition, but in the rock world it always has been. Wouldn't it be better to just not read those threads? Sorry, I'm being sensible on a prog message board, I should know better
    These "offending" threads (ie. lists, vs., etc.) can be annoying if one lets them be. Obviously some PEers enjoy starting them and others enjoying participating. I'm with infandous....just don't read them.

I'll add that occasionally I'll think to myself when I scan the threads that some days there would be only Yes and Phil Collins ruined this threads if it weren't for these posts about lists et al.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    I want to use the venom covered cactus enema on someone right now...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Actually, eating bread is better than most things. It absorbs the oils. That's why water doesn't help.
    Another one that absorbs well is tortilla chips. However, they must be unsalted. Salt will make it worse.

Also: ice, milk, yogurt, cough drops, honey -- those I have tried and work well.

Yogurt works if you let it sit on your tongue. It's cool and thick enough that it can sit well on your tongue.

I have never tried excruciatingly hot peppers. However, I have been into chips 'n salsa since I was in elementary school. I make my own salsa and occasionally the peppers I get are a bit hot as each pepper varies. I don't like my salsa overtly hot, but I do enjoy a bit of a kick to it. Chips 'n salsa are nearly an everyday part of my life.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I enjoy reading the threads that complain about the Versus threads. Though I don't like participating. ..... (oops)
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    These "offending" threads (ie. lists, vs., etc.) can be annoying if one lets them be. Obviously some PEers enjoy starting them and others enjoying participating. I'm with infandous....just don't read them.
    And just for saying...IMHO the Vs. threads are silly but that doesn't mean I'm suggesting they go away/be banned/anything else. It is very easy to leave them be and move on. I just happen to think they're silly.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

All of those glorious threads should be announced in the OP by this man:

I kinda enjoy a round of VS threads every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    (Seriously, what is it with this fad for vs. threads that comes around now and then? It's kind of puerile...)
    Not intending to hurt susceptibilities, but that is in fact one of the other Prog site massive migration legacy, hehe .

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I kinda enjoy a round of VS threads every few years.
    Every few years? Limit them to leap year only.

Quote Originally Posted by HarmonyMan View Post
    Not intending to hurt susceptibilities, but that is in fact one of the other Prog site massive migration legacy, hehe .

Where're the NIMBYs when ya really needs 'em?
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I didn't realise there were now 2 peppers hotter than the ghost pepper. If you're gonna be one of those retards (no offense chalkpie) who will eat one of these on a bet, don't think water will appease the heat. It only makes it worse. Make sure you have something cold and dairy on hand. Ice cream or frozen yogurt helps...though I pity you the next morning. I don't think Ben & Jerry make a suppository!
    I have some Ghost Peppers and some Carolina Reapers growing at the house presently. I've eaten a Ghost Pepper out of scientific curiosity. I wouldn't do it again, but I like to make salsas with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Every few years? Limit them to leap year only.
    Yes... Like the Olympics. Members would have to bid on being allowed exclusive rights to start them, and amidst a lot of back room dealings and controversy, the mods would announce who wins the honour.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    I want to use the venom covered cactus enema on someone right now...
    Catch me if you can!
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post
    Where're the NIMBYs when ya really needs 'em?
    hell it's too late, now that YIMBYs are all over the place hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Yes... Like the Olympics. Members would have to bid on being allowed exclusive rights to start them, and amidst a lot of back room dealings and controversy, the mods would announce who wins the honour.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    All of those glorious threads should be announced in the OP by this man:

hell yeah , if you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at those threads 😈

Quote Originally Posted by warrplayer View Post
    Really? Judging from your avatar I would have thought you prefered a companion less obtrusive.
    Now THAT was funny! ROFL.
    Kudos to you.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

I have nothing to add, I just have to say that the title of this thread made me laugh out loud.

Carry on with your day...

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    I have some Ghost Peppers and some Carolina Reapers growing at the house presently. I've eaten a Ghost Pepper out of scientific curiosity. I wouldn't do it again, but I like to make salsas with them.
    El Yucateco make an “Xtra-Hot” sauce they claim is a Mayan recipe they call “Kutbil-Ik.”

I thought “Kutbil-Ik” was the coolest name, and was quite disappointed to learn that it just meant “chopped peppers” in the Mayan tongue.
    Last edited by Progbear; 04-08-2016 at 09:12 PM.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post

I'll add that occasionally I'll think to myself when I scan the threads that some days there would be only Yes and Phil Collins ruined this threads if it weren't for these posts about lists et al.
    Sorry, but you must not have gotten the memo re: Rules of the Internet. The gist is that everyone has to seek out the things that upset them the most, or even a little but they have to blow them way out of proportion, and then express outrage over the offense until at least 1 keyboard has been broken by anyone involved in the discussion from the furious hammering of anger-fueled fingers.

Personally, I blame Phil Collins. He probably invented the internet for something nefarious.

Also, I can't fathom how someone could be so inconsiderate by suggesting that produce be incorporated into the violent act of eye-removal without including the warning to wash it first. You must always wash your produce. Who knows if anyone sneezed on that habanero. It could cause an infection. I'm calling the police!

^Rules of the Internet? 1 guitar then, forget the keyboards.

Rules? On the internet??? No rules!

Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I ate a dried ghost pepper on a bet for $50 and threw up. Enjoy your meal.
    There's your clue. Food = no throw uppy, nonfood = throwuppy.

Do not put nonfood in your mouth. This concludes our lesson.