Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swans: New album and tour

I ordered it but haven't received it yet

Quote Originally Posted by karel hupjé View Post
    Yes, I've picked it up. I've ordered it before it sold out. And last week I decided to see the current incarnation of Swans in concert the last time at Dunk!fest in Belgium. a three hour drive. An wonderful concert. At the concert I bought some extra copies of the Deliquescence cd.
    And yes, it is very good. The real kind of good. I'm going to miss this incarnation of Swans.[emoji25]
    I sort of have a feeling that this'll be the last incarnation. I hope I'm wrong.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    I sort of have a feeling that this'll be the last incarnation. I hope I'm wrong.
    In this recent interview Michael talks about the future of Swans. http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Swan...31458/amp.html

Good interview. Thanks for posting.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Did anybody else pick this up before it sold out. Listening now and, shit, it's real good. Like, not the fake kind of good. The real kind.
    I tried. I got an email saying I did but nothing about it being shipped yet, so I don't know if I actually did.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I tried. I got an email saying I did but nothing about it being shipped yet, so I don't know if I actually did.
    They had signed copies on stock while Swans was on tour in Europe. A second batch of the cd was on it's way from the pressing plant. They'll ship as soon as Michael Gira has returned to the US and can sign these cd's.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karel hupjé View Post
    They had signed copies on stock while Swans was on tour in Europe. A second batch of the cd was on it's way from the pressing plant. They'll ship as soon as Michael Gira has returned to the US and can sign these cd's.
    Ahh ok. Thanks. Don't mind the wait as long as it'll get to me eventually.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Ditto for me. I haven't gotten shipping info yet either...but I'm sure it'll make it's way to me in due time

I'm rather curious to see what happens next with Gira/Swans...part of me would enjoy seeing him revisit stuff along the lines of Soundtracks for the Blind with all the electronic texture and whatnot. But, whatever direction he takes will be worth an open set of ears.

Listening to Glowing Man right now actually.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I'm listening to The Seer today for the first time in a while.

It's particularly interesting to hear this album now in the context of the full arc that was this version of Swans.

While harrowing and atmospheric and mysterious and definitely raw, there is a sense of "tune-ness" that became less obvious as the band developed, as it became something effectively more brutal. That brutatlity is here (I'm pretty sure "The Apostate" frightened my dog when it kicked in), but a song like "A Piece of the Sky" is basically a hummable tune, something almost pretty, at its core.

Maybe I'm just imagining this, but it seems like a significant change from The Seer to Deliquesence took place into how material was put together. (Not to say that Seer material would've felt out of place next to Glowing Man material.)