Thread: Imagine this prog song performed by another prog artist.

Imagine this prog song performed by another prog artist.

I always thought that Renaissance should have taken a shot at Procol Harum's Strong As Sampson (in a higher key, of course) as Miss Haslam had a penchant for songs with high drama. And Renaissance did occasionally do covers for live show encores. Do you have any prog tunes that you think could be handled by another prog artist?
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

Cardiacs in their day certainly could have done justice to some Gentle Giant tunes.

Yup, Neal Morse should do "Rats & Monkeys" by the Art Bears and Ruins should do that absolutely wonderful chorus part in "My Cosmic Lover" by The Flower Kings. 'Cause these all belong to the same "genre".

"Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

with their insurgence at touring right now and Michael Dunford's passing... maybe Renaissance should record a whole album of covers.

and A Song For All Seasons would be perfect for the Neal Morse Band to cover.

I wish that Wakeman era Yes had rerecorded "Astral Traveler." Imagine how that would have sounded with Moog and mellotron alongside the organ.