Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new ELP??

The guitar part on the Palmer legacy stuff is pretty good, the Carl solos are the bored parts to me. We already know that Carl can play hard... who cares about that at this point on his career. I don't get why he still do that solo/tricks pieces for 15 minutes (non sense to me). All the rest of the show is really good, including the guitar and bass.

Cookie Monster Guitarist Onomatopoeic's Avatar

Problem solved...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    HLP

What, you don't know the keyboard genius from Blue Vino: Bo Hotchkiss!

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Guys, I mean no disrespect. I'm the biggest of ELP fans, and I even work for Carl. In fact I just did the graphics for his Emerson tribute show. I've seen Carl's band more times than I can remember, and I'm good friends with Paul the guitartist. I call it the way I see it though, Carl has a strategy about how and why he presents ELP's music the way he does. He's had plenty of opportunity to tour with Keith and Greg, or a keyboard player.... he chooses not too.

And if you haven't seen Greg lately or think he's as nimble as ever - ready to jump in with Jobson or Rudess, more power to you.
    I think Palmer's band is great (While I'd love to see Rudess for a tribute thing) I kind of like the way he does it. I just wish there was new material.

I also didn't like when the word "Legacy" crept into the name. I preferred it when it wasn't there, but maybe that explains why there isn't new material to go with the new arrangements and it's just a "truth in advertising " thing.

The Yellow Box ......

Elton, Lake & Palmer...

ELP was a one-off.